The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

7 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Welcome back tae the big time Killie. Done a lot better than other “bigger” clubs who went down before. The chairman took a gamble keeping a big budget and its paid off.

Obviously you didn’t want relegated last year but i was curious if a year in the championship was fun in terms of different days out etc or was it just grim ? 

I’ve enjoyed it. Some good away trips and no twisted sisters. A pleasant wee change. 

3 hours ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Welcome back tae the big time Killie. Done a lot better than other “bigger” clubs who went down before. The chairman took a gamble keeping a big budget and its paid off.

Obviously you didn’t want relegated last year but i was curious if a year in the championship was fun in terms of different days out etc or was it just grim ? 

Not what many of us expected tbh.

To many Friday night away games at places like Arbroath, Inverness and Kirkcaldy, a covid restricted trip to Dumfries, which is normally seen by many Killie fans as one of the highlights and not a single Ayrshire derby on a traditional Saturday.

The standard of football on offer was also pretty grim in all honesty, ourselves included. 

Edited by C4mmy31

9 hours ago, D-Fens Foster said:

It was fucking stinking.

8 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

See you later neighbours. Safe travels. Xxxx

I'd double greenie you if I could for dropping in Supertramp.

Anyhoo, hope you get yer shit together. Premier League derbies sound good and we'll show the arsecheeks how it's really done.

1 hour ago, Starkiplier said:

Excellent away support last night emoji1319.png

9de2828d7979e7986afa6d6ea6e10db0.jpg

What a brilliant sight.  The atmosphere last night was fantastic, probably one of the best ever watching Killie. 

Well done to Raith Rovers and their fans for applauding Killie onto the pitch. 

I thought you were the best footballing team in the league this year and good luck next season. 

Really wish I'd been able to go last night - seems like it was a big party from start to finish. A very nice end to a season that threatened to derail at many points throughout.

Edited by Andy_K_97

Might not be good news for getting Hemming back on loan next season but I really hope he grabs his chance with both hands and impresses Chris Wilder as much as he impressed us....

https://the72.co.uk/272409/goalkeeper-zach-hemming-training-with-middlesbrough-first-team-after-impressing-out-on-loan/

On 05/05/2022 at 19:11, C4mmy31 said:

Might not be good news for getting Hemming back on loan next season but I really hope he grabs his chance with both hands and impresses Chris Wilder as much as he impressed us....

https://the72.co.uk/272409/goalkeeper-zach-hemming-training-with-middlesbrough-first-team-after-impressing-out-on-loan/

From the way he's worded a lot of his posts since the end of the season it sounds as if he won't be back - and if he's got a chance of getting into the first team at Boro next season then fair play to him, I wish him every success for his future no matter where he ends up. I think it was always likely to be a long shot in terms of getting him back, so I hope McInnes has been looking at some new options for keepers next season.

Hiya Dom Thomas, hiya pal!

Also, spare a thought for Liam Polworth who, as another poster has suggested, now has a league medal and a relegation from the same season. The ironing is delicious.

50 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Hiya Dom Thomas, hiya pal!

Also, spare a thought for Liam Polworth who, as another poster has suggested, now has a league medal and a relegation from the same season. The ironing is delicious.

You don't eat your ironing surely???

Edited by killieboyd

1 hour ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Also, spare a thought for Liam Polworth who, as another poster has suggested, now has a league medal and a relegation from the same season.

The same with Innes Cameron at QotS and the possibility Callum Hendrie could be in the same boat.

The following players will depart the club upon the end of their contract: Stephen McGinn, Brandon Haunstrup, Jason Naismith, Colin Doyle, Tomas Brindley, Euan Deveney

The following players have returned to their parent club: Zach Hemming, Dean Campbell, Declan Glass, Dylan Tait, Daniel MacKay, Rumarn Burrell

The club will be offering new deals to the following players: Kyle Lafferty, Kyle Connell and Curtis Lyle

Superb news.... I thought he'd be pretty hard to deal with tbh but shows what I know.

He brings out the best in Ollie Shaw, who's a different player besides Kyle as well as giving the whole place a lift.

His signing will help put a few extra digits on the Season Ticket sales so it's a win win situation for both parties.