The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Taylor should be a good signing for you. He can struggle against pacey or tricky strikers but he’s built like a brick sh*thouse and he’ll win everything in the air. He’s been part of defences under McInnes which have gone on extended runs without conceding. Just try and stop him playing his trademark Hollywood long ball.

8 minutes ago, betting competition said:

India will be happy ;)

Good signing for Killie, I thought he was unlucky not to stay last season and done a decent job at Aberdeen. 

I genuinely don't think he is any worse than Gallagher. Has a mistake in him which made him a target for some. Couldn't have played the way Glass wants to play either.

Ash Taylor is a better defender than 2-3 of those who are still at Pittodrie, he's also a decent threat in the opposition box from set pieces.  Very good signing for Kilmarnock I'd say although unsure how his fitness level will keep up on the plastic surface, seem to recall he had hamstring issues when at Pittodrie.

On 14/01/2022 at 12:56, starryfish said:

Ash Taylor is a better defender than 2-3 of those who are still at Pittodrie, he's also a decent threat in the opposition box from set pieces.  Very good signing for Kilmarnock I'd say although unsure how his fitness level will keep up on the plastic surface, seem to recall he had hamstring issues when at Pittodrie.

Killie get very few hamstring or indeed any sort of injuries on the 4G pitch. Most of our injuries occur in away games.

7 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

What's happened to Jason Naismith?

He was pretty good with Ross County and I'd have thought he'd be a top performer in the Championship, is he injured, playing rubbish or just out of favour?

He was average at the start of the season, though nowhere near as bad as folk were making out, then got injured and has been badly missed because Lee Hodson is dreadful.

Edited by craigkillie

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He was average at the start of the season, though nowhere near as bad as folk were making out, then got injured and has been badly missed because Lee Hodson is dreadful.

Think he was not bad to start but then he looked lazy in games, never having the engine to either overlap or get back into position. Hopefully new lease of life when he's back. 

Agree though that hodson hasn't been much better apart from his Morton debut where he was good.

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Dylan Tait confirmed by Hibs as loaned to us for the rest of the season.

Would have like to see him given a chance tbh. Hopefully does well at Killie. 

But how many ex hibees do Killie need?

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would have like to see him given a chance tbh. Hopefully does well at Killie. 

But how many ex hibees do Killie need?

He barely counts on that basis, surely?

He's a good player though but probably not ready for the Premier yet anyway.

From the Rovers thread:

"He's a good player, but not a great one for this level (yet). Hibs have signed him for his potential, but he wasn't the best midfielder in our team at any point in his spell with us.

I wouldn't expect him to go into Kilmarnock's team and suddenly start turning in game changing performances, albeit he could well improve your midfield options if you're needing a fairly dynamic, creative presence. 

It's obviously not a fair comparison because it's one out and two in, but our midfield is stronger now than it was when he left, with the addition of Sam Stanton and Ben Williamson. 

I can't see that there would be any ill-will if Hibs decided to put him out on loan again to this level. They've changed gaffer since they signed him, and our squad had moved to the point where we don't have a space to take him back."

Now that it's confirmed, I've just had a look at the Kilmarnock squad, and I think he'll have a bit of a time getting a first team place every week. They're totally different players in different positions, but I'd say ability-wise he's probably on a par with Daniel Armstrong. He's a good Championship player on his day, albeit one with a lot of potential. 

He played pretty much every minute he was available for us this season, but there was basically no competition for the jersey for most of that time. We weren't particularly well stocked in midfield. 

A lot of it is going to come down to whether McInnes is willing to put up with inconsistency with the potential for a higher ceiling, rather than the more established known quantities that Killie already have.