The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

11 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

The lease is up on the offices the club currently rent in Portland Road, there is a facia still to be added along with the raised disabled viewing area, front right, which work has started on....

Screenshot_20210911-175824_Chrome.jpg.e1c501230b5d435eb385e425944324f3.jpg

To be fair, that looks quite smart. Will make the stand a more sensible size for home fans as well I guess.  What will the capacity drop to, just under 17,000?

Can imagine there will be some moaning from staff used to parking right at the door of their work now having to go up all those steps!

14 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

To be fair, that looks quite smart. Will make the stand a more sensible size for home fans as well I guess.  What will the capacity drop to, just under 17,000?

Can imagine there will be some moaning from staff used to parking right at the door of their work now having to go up all those steps!

There's only about 5 rows left of the top tier as they couldn't swing the cabins in any further back. I'd guess with that and the new disabled supporters viewing platform (which will be great for our supporters and give them a far better view than ground level) we must have dropped over 2000 seats. 

Unsure if this has been mentioned but this is where Gary Dicker ended up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58820061

Interesting idea, probably not possible up here down to every pound being a prisoner, you don't bring in players who will never play for your first team, but if you are lucky enough to have those sorts of finances, then it seems to work out.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Unsure if this has been mentioned but this is where Gary Dicker ended up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58820061

Interesting idea, probably not possible up here down to every pound being a prisoner, you don't bring in players who will never play for your first team, but if you are lucky enough to have those sorts of finances, then it seems to work out.

He even managed to get himself sent off in a game recently, not a good look for someone employed to guide & set an example on the field to Brighton's youngsters....

Edited by C4mmy31

It looks like 16 year old defender Charlie McArthur is set to feature tonight.

TW has been waxing lyrical about him recently and personally i'm looking forward to seeing if he lives up to the hype.

On 07/10/2021 at 12:22, kilMARKnock said:

There's only about 5 rows left of the top tier as they couldn't swing the cabins in any further back. I'd guess with that and the new disabled supporters viewing platform (which will be great for our supporters and give them a far better view than ground level) we must have dropped over 2000 seats. 

The new raised bit here. 

IMG_20211008_203353.jpg

31 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I think it's safe to say the hype from TW around Charlie McArthur is 100% accurate.

Some performance from our 16 year old centre back....

This boy has stood out at every level, was playing at 13 years old in the under 18s , captained his country, other teams have tried to get him but he has stuck with the team he supports. He has the mix of school and training every day and takes it in his stride and has had to contend with the loss of his dad to Covid. 
This boy is the real deal.

12 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Saw you guys were wearing your purple strip tonight. Also saw it was the go purple day for Ayrshire hospice, any link? Or just coincidence?

Wasn't aware of that - I don't think anything has been made of that by the club so I would just put it down to it being more convenient to wear our purple kit rather that QP wear their win/draw/loss away kit, plus it gives the chance to wear it. I still think it's daft that our away kits are dark blue and purple, I'd have preferred a yellow or white third kit. 

Olivier Giroud ripping the pish out of you lads today recalling a story in which the Montpellier chairman ripped the pish out of you to stop him joining Celtic is the most bizarre story I've read today.

17 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Olivier Giroud ripping the pish out of you lads today recalling a story in which the Montpellier chairman ripped the pish out of you to stop him joining Celtic is the most bizarre story I've read today.

I saw that, bizarre indeed.

Looks like that Montpellier chairman was a bit of w*nker prone to homophobic outbursts and petty name calling.

The jokes on him he'd heard of Killie but we'd never heard of him......1-0 Killie.