The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

54 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

52 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

The Sunday Post understands bosses at Lloyds have already classified Kilmarnock’s debts as “impaired” an accountancy term for a debt unlikely to be repaid in full.

Please quote where it says we’ve missed any payments. Even a single payment will do.

On 14/07/2021 at 12:04, C4mmy31 said:

Would that be similar to the CVA Ayr Utd reached with it's creditors in 2004?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12419478.ayr-united-thrown-pounds-100000-lifeline-in-struggle-to-keep-afloat/

Now bolt ya f**kin rocket....

For the record, Ayr never entered into a CVA with creditors.  All debts were paid.

39 minutes ago, Parkhouse said:

For the record, Ayr never entered into a CVA with creditors.  All debts were paid.

I guess the Herald must have got it wrong then.... but Campbell Money & Norrie McWhirter were still asked to rip up their contracts, go part-time and except a wage cut due to your "financial difficulties"

At the end of the day no Ayr fan can claim the financial moral high ground as @Buckfastattempted with his posts......

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

I guess the Herald must have got it wrong then.... but Campbell Money & Norrie McWhirter were still asked to rip up their contracts, go part-time and except a wage cut due to your "financial difficulties"

At the end of the day no Ayr fan can claim the financial moral high ground as @Buckfastattempted with his posts......

Of course I can,we paid our debt you didn't,end of story.

37 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Surely Armstrong would have known he was suspended?

It was for two bookings in different games at the start of last season, so I don't think it's unforgivable that he either wasn't aware or didn't recall. It'd be different if it was for a straight red or if it was more recent. 

51 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I doubt he'll remember a couple of bookings from twelve months prior. 

Checking the suspensions list is fairly basic, tbh. 

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

What’s the chances of an increase in crowd allowance and away fans in on the 2nd of August?

Starting to hear rumours you guys are trying to make it happen.

I too have heard these rumours.

The numbers quoted though would instigate a stampede and probably a mass brawl trying to get into the shop for them

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

🤣 I've had the misfortune to be an official at two biggish semi-pro clubs in England. Not a secretary... Thank f**k! Both clubs arguably had the best secretaries in their leagues. Some of the idiocy in testimony from players is mind blowing.

Just before I upped sticks from the 2nd club, they signed a player from a local rival. This was January. The following Saturday's league match had been postponed - opponents still in the FA Trophy and their Trophy tie took precedence. So the club brought forward a county cup quarter-final. My lot took the county cup fairly seriously, but many clubs send out the ressies or a mix of 1st teamers and youth players. The manager wanted to give the new lad a run out in the cup game. This was January. The previous two rounds of the county cup had been maybe December 8th and November 10th. A "Have you played in the Cheshire/Middlesex/Cornwall Senior Cup this season?" isn't a £1m question from Chris Tarrant. The player replied that he hadn't. Knowing how daft players are, the manager asked him if he was sure. The manager picked his starting XI. This was maybe Tuesday after training. The secretary then checked the player. He'd started in his ex-club's previous county cup tie. Five weeks earlier.

That's by no means the worst example of player idiocy I encountered.

5 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

What’s the chances of an increase in crowd allowance and away fans in on the 2nd of August?

Starting to hear rumours you guys are trying to make it happen.

3 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

I too have heard these rumours.

The club are in discussions with East Ayrshire Council, with backing/help from Willie Coffie of EAC & Alan Brown, the local MP, who both happen to be Killie ST holders.

There are certain criteria and safety measures that need to be met and put in place first but the club are actively negotiating and pushing for an increases in capacity....