The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

17 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What is this "heart of our homeland" tagline all about? My Killie supporting mate is even baffled by it 

it's a reference to Ayrshire being correctly described as in the central belt, per the current discussion in General Nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No way can South Ayrshire villages like Lendalfoot and Ballantrae be classed as "central belt". 

East and North Ayrshire are the central belt. South Ayrshire is a Provence of Mordor 

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Kyle Connell has he signed a new dea! With yourselves yet,   Good young striker who did great for Airdrie last season.....   

Be interesting to see how Killie use him and Cameron.

Both have the potential to be relatively prolific for them. 

5 hours ago, Passionate said:

Kyle Connell has he signed a new dea! With yourselves yet,   Good young striker who did great for Airdrie last season.....   

No official word from Killie as yet but he's defo been offered a new contract as per TW's interview last week....

Have to question Tommy Wright's judgement there. He's completely gubbins and a liability. Not much of a statement for a team hoping for promotion. As for him coaching, maybe he could teach them to do the exact opposite of what he would do. Feels like the cheap / lazy / jobs for the boys option.

TW pretty much always had two "first choice" goalkeepers with us, from memory, so I'd be surprised if Doyle was your only signing in that position.

I’m probably being overly harsh or reacting emotionally here but if we re-sign Colin Doyle I’m going to be absolutely raging. The guy is a horrendous goalkeeper and doesn’t even look like he puts in the work body wise to maintain a good physique. We need winners this season not losers and let’s be 100% honest - Colin Doyle is a loser.

Signing Colin Doyle twice was bad enough, doing so for a third time would be lunacy. He is without a doubt in the top 3 worst goalkeepers in my time watching us, and is not good enough even as a back-up. Apart from anything, it sends out a bad message - we should be moving away from last season as much as possible, and that means binning all the guys who stunk out the place on a regular basis.