The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I was always quite impressed with Pinnock actually. Thought he did well in games against us.

I think he'd do well as part of a 3 up top. On the left in a 4-4-2 he left us hopelessly exposed as he's not a big fan of defending. 

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We explicitly said we offered Lafferty, Kiltie and Pinnock something, while for Broadfoot it said something like "he is considering his future". A shame about Kiltie going (I think to St Johnstone), and Lafferty was very expected. Pinnock would have done a job, but Broadfoot leaving is good because I think we need a fresh start in terms of the "leaders" of the squad.

I’d be very surprised if County aren’t at least kicking the tyres on a couple of those guys.  

Pinnock was dreadful and only started turning up towards the end of the season, was non-existent throughout the other 3/4's of the season

Not too fussed about Kiltie either- was evidently one of the players in that hopeless squad with a decent amount of technical ability but had a tendency to go invisible in 3-4 games for every good game he had, and on that basis is nowhere near consistent enough to build a team around. 

There was no chance Lafferty was going to stick around in the championship, will probably end up at one of Hearts/ St Mirren/ Motherwell, possibly United too.

Broadfoot will probably be playing in the juniors for Darvel or something if he doesn't retire. Bloke is absolutely finished as a professional player 

Edited by Ocular Patdown Required

Pinnock was dreadful and only started turning up towards the end of the season, was non-existent throughout the other 3/4's of the season
Not too fussed about Kiltie either- was evidently one of the players in that hopeless squad with a decent amount of technical ability but had a tendency to go invisible in 3-4 games for every good game he had, and on that basis is nowhere near consistent enough to build a team around. 
There was no chance Lafferty was going to stick around in the championship, will probably end up at one of Hearts/ St Mirren/ Motherwell, possibly United too.
Broadfoot will probably be playing for in the juniors for Darvel or something if he doesn't retire. Bloke is absolutely finished as a professional player 

Going from a regular Premiership starter to non league player would be some move.

10 hours ago, smpar said:

Going from a regular Premiership starter to non league player would be some move.

True. Equally I could see an ayr or a morton go for him with the whole "experienced leader at the back" patter, there's no chance he'll be staying in the Premiership if he keeps playing anyway

Lafferty has come out and said that he wanted to stay and that his agent had contacted Killie with what he’d like. He claims Killie never responded then released a statement to say he was moving on.

On 04/06/2021 at 23:13, smpar said:

Apparently Vigurs is about to do that with Brora.

21 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Would take Vigurs at Killie, Is he from up north ?

Aberdeen but had lived near Dingwall for years I believe.

I remember when Saints were relegated in 2002. We'd only been in the top division for 5 years but there was still a sense of excitement at something new, fresh grounds to visit, maybe even winning some games. 

Don't get me wrong, after a couple of seasons, every season in the second tier is torture but the Killie fans must be looking forward to a change?

Shocked to discover that Lafferty is still a wanker. According to the club he was wanting 4x what you were willing to offer. I guess Hearts will offer him what he’s after.

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Shocked to discover that Lafferty is still a w****r. According to the club he was wanting 4x what you were willing to offer. I guess Hearts will offer him what he’s after.

Screenshot_2021-06-06-11-01-19-82_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.thumb.jpg.a6af7e34a81aa34222fe8ecd42000c2e.jpg

Screenshot_2021-06-06-11-01-44-12_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.thumb.jpg.3bf17d80053e851451fd342433d801f6.jpg