The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Your man Tommy will surely get the best out of him though...

As I say, he couldn't before, and that was before the injury that stole his agility/pace.

Don’t have a huge issue with the Alston signing. I’m sure TW is not signing him just for him to put the cones out but I do think that it’s a signing that will be to help set out what Wright expects from his team and to help with the general atmosphere at the club. 

45 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I thought you guys would have went for bigger name signings, especially since the directors said the playing budget wouldnt be cut. Armstrong and Murray are firmly championship players but Alston should be a cut above in this division 

I've no issue with TW getting capable bodies in the door early, especially given that we basically don't have any players left. Hopefully we'll be working on deals for bigger names towards the end of the window. 

1 minute ago, Coooombe said:

Doesn't seem to have played much football before so maybe one for the future. 

Agreed.... though Paul Stephenson knows him from his time at Blyth Spartans.

59 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I thought you guys would have went for bigger name signings, especially since the directors said the playing budget wouldnt be cut. Armstrong and Murray are firmly championship players but Alston should be a cut above in this division 

It's not really a TW trait to bring in big names, just decent players he can get a tune out of.

57 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Alston had a lot of chances at Saints but never really established himself as a regular starter..He was a bit part player who scored a few incredible goals..I was surprised that he stayed in tbe Premiership with Hamilton because he does not appear to have the quality to make it in the top league..After failing at his last three clubs his confidence must be shot so hopefully he can get his career back on track at Kilmarnock but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

His agent mucked him about with us, telling him folk were on triple his wages when it was nowhere near true. He stormed out the stadium after getting subbed off against Rangers and didn't play after that so obvious attitude issues as well. I don't think you'd find many Livi fans gutted about him being off but if he gets a run off games he should be an okay Championship level player.

That'll be why he signed for Superior Sports management today as well .....

We explicitly said we offered Lafferty, Kiltie and Pinnock something, while for Broadfoot it said something like "he is considering his future". A shame about Kiltie going (I think to St Johnstone), and Lafferty was very expected. Pinnock would have done a job, but Broadfoot leaving is good because I think we need a fresh start in terms of the "leaders" of the squad.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We explicitly said we offered Lafferty, Kiltie and Pinnock something, while for Broadfoot it said something like "he is considering his future". A shame about Kiltie going (I think to St Johnstone), and Lafferty was very expected. Pinnock would have done a job, but Broadfoot leaving is good because I think we need a fresh start in terms of the "leaders" of the squad.

What’s Kiltie like? I’d assume he’s coming in to play the Wotherspoon role in our team as we have no back up when he’s unavailable. Neat and tidy on the ball, with a bit of skill and a goal or two in him from what I remember seeing. Sort of guy I’m happy for saints to be linked with, especially since he’s still not that old and a fresh start might kick him on another level. 

Kiltie could be heading down South.... he's put his place up for rent and his Mrs wants to move down there to be closer to her business contacts.... so i've heard anyway.

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Kiltie could be heading down South.... he's put his place up for rent and his Mrs wants to move down there to be closer to her business contacts.... so i've heard anyway.

Seen some links to Bolton floating about on Twitter.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

St Mirren have definitely spoken to Kiltie and discussed terms but Bolton and Doncaster are also in for him.....I'd think it's likely St Johnstone will have spoken to him too.

Edited by weebud