The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

18 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

The following players are considering the next step in their careers: Chris Burke, Kirk Broadfoot

managerial-speak for "the following players have already turned down new contracts" aside, you couldn't mark Broadfoot's neck with a blowtorch.

29 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

The following players will depart the club upon the end of their contract: Gary Dicker, Clevid Dikamona, George Oakley, Danny Rogers, Youssouf Mulumbu, Aaron Tshibola, Diaguely Dabo, Nicke Kabamba, Danny Whitehall, Ally Taylor.

The following players have returned to their parent club: Colin Doyle, Zeno Ibsen Rossi, Zech Medley, Brandon Pierrick

Contracted players for 2021/22: Rory McKenzie, Alan Power, Aaron McGowan, Brandon Haunstrup, Innes Cameron

The club will be offering new deals to the following players: Mitch Pinnock, Greg Kiltie, Kyle Lafferty, Ross Millen, Calum Waters, Kyle Connell and Tomas Brindley.

The following players are considering the next step in their careers: Chris Burke, Kirk Broadfoot

No mention of Curtis Lyle. Strange 

Also did Rogers not trigger and automatic extension when he played v Motherwell a few weeks back?

20 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

What in gods name does Tommy Wright see in Mitch Pinnock? He is horrendous 

Pinnock has been good in the latter part of the season, I have a feeling he'll do well in the Championship if he sticks around.

15 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Get Haunstrup, Broadfoot, McGowan, Waters and Millen tae f**k. Leave no remnants of that defence at RP.

We are stuck with Haunstrup & McGowan but Millen & Waters should not be getting re signing terms. I think that Haunstrup might be decent at the lower level.

Just now, Coooombe said:

Rumoured to be signing Euan Murray. Anyone know anything about him other than he writes shite columns for the Guardian? 

Interestingly played in the Solomon Islands of all places for Western United.

15 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

Rumoured to be signing Euan Murray. Anyone know anything about him other than he writes shite columns for the Guardian? 

He lives in Killie now.... about 2 mins from RP.

TW should be able to camp in his front gairden till he signs on the dotted line... 🤣

Edited by C4mmy31

25 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

I think hes effectively just Lee Ashcroft.

4 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

If Ashcroft's performances in the playoffs are anything to go by then I'll absolutely take that. 

Yeah think hes just a solid ol' defender who'll blooter anything, or anyone, who comes near him, while also being a threat at set plays.

Good first signing for the Championship IMO.

Murray seems like a very Tommy Wright signing, one that would help make your defence much more steady and solid. I see he's being linked with St Mirren and another top flight club too, so tough competition for his services.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Murray seems like a very Tommy Wright signing, one that would help make your defence much more steady and solid. I see he's being linked with St Mirren and another top flight club too, so tough competition for his services.

I thought he'd be decent as cover for Gordon as the "meat and tatties" defender of our three, but I'm unsure how much appeal that would have when he could probably earn more, and play more, at Kilmarnock. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I thought he'd be decent as cover for Gordon as the "meat and tatties" defender of our three, but I'm unsure how much appeal that would have when he could probably earn more, and play more, at Kilmarnock. 

I don't think he'll sign for a club to be a back up at this stage of his career. No disrespect to him but there's zero chance of him displacing the current back 3 at Saints with the way they've been playing and how well they play as a unit.. He's bound to be a starter at Killie with the other options there and as you say he'll likely earn more money too. Would be a pretty shrewd move for both parties IMO, although he may want a shot at the top flight sooner than what Killie can currently offer.

Edited by Kyle

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I don't think he'll sign for a club to be a back up at this stage of his career. No disrespect to him but there's zero chance of him displacing the current back 3 at Saints.

Aye.

Think that's part of the reason we didn't do anything with Ashcroft when he was on trial last season too. 

Weird place where we need a top flight quality CB to come in and play just a handful of games a season.

On 25/05/2021 at 14:00, Martin_T said:

Hearts income is far bigger than all those clubs, so what exactly is your point? Should we have adjusted our budget to the average for the Championship?

During a pandemic? Hmm. I think once you take expenditure away from income it might well tell a different story to hoe much better rub those clubs are. Is the maroon pound worth more than anywhere else? 

On 26/05/2021 at 22:32, Kyle said:

That other club will be County.  Someone at the club rates him.