The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

8 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

I don't know if Killie fans will agree but although the Championship looks to be very competitive next season Killie have two big advantages that should help you get straight back to the SPL.

A DeLorean and a flux capacitor?

I cant say I can think of one Killy poster of the top of my head, I used to like you guys but your time has come. 

Do you guys have an eviction notice for this section of the forum? Does the countdown begin now. 

Obviously, I am absolutely gutted to see us being relegated and fair play to Dundee as they absolutely deserved to win the two matches and gain promotion. However, it can hopefully allow us to clear out the squad and enable the board and Wright to pinpoint where it has all gone wrong this season and hopefully fix this for the upcoming season. 

In an ideal world, a season of playing four Ayrshire derbies, potentially winning the Championship and the Scottish Challenge Cup (obviously the highlight of any Scottish Cup competition and player's CV), not playing any of the Old Firm in the league and not losing three/four games against Aberdeen, is not the worst thing. Especially, with the (hopefully) added bonus of being able to head to Inverness, Dumfries and Arbroath for away games. 

However, just looking at some of the teams to be relegated into the Championship in recent years like Dundee, Dundee United and Hibs, does highlight the fact that the Championship can be a difficult league to get out of for a recently relegated side. Especially with teams like Patrick Thistle, Dunfermline, Raith, Ayr and of course Hamilton (who will inevitably turn into world beaters and completely run away with the league) all arguably having a chance of finishing in the Playoffs or winning the league as well. 

TL/DR version: one season in the Championship and getting promoted in the first time of asking= not the worst thing. More than one season in the Championship= absolutely horrifying. 

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I cant say I can think of one Killy poster of the top of my head, I used to like you guys but your time has come. 

Do you guys have an eviction notice for this section of the forum? Does the countdown begin now. 

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/267787-pb-gtf-day-2021-sunday-june-6th/&tab=comments#comment-14480400

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The likes of Stephen O'Donnell and Kris Boyd trying to pin this on Angelo Alessio is systematic of the problems facing Killie right now. On a much, much smaller scale, it very much reminds me of the absolutely poisonous atmosphere at Rangers when Le Guen was in charge and Tommy Wright's comments suggest there's numerous attitude problems as well.

In a similar way as it has been for Hibs & Rangers in recent times, this relegation might be good for Killie in the long run to flush out the 'old boys' network and start a fresh.

This.

The club gave average, past-it players like Dicker and Broadfoot too much power based off of one good season.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Are Killie fans wanting Wright kept on? 

Even after last night? 

I think the vast majority of Killie fans are of the opinion that the issues of this season have stemmed from the board, the players and poor recruitment pre-Wright. Before Wright came in, we were struggling to defend and score goals (along with other issues as well). Outwidth the last two matches and we have actually looked a lot better under Wright, especially offensively, in large part thanks to Wright's only signing. Despite, the defensive issues still being there, Wright has definitely improved the team since coming in and for that reason deserves at least this upcoming transfer window in order to clear out the squad and build a new one. 

Obviously, there will still be a minority that will voice their disdain towards Wright for the situation that we find ourselves now in. Given the list of out of work managers that Ludo would draw up for a new manager thread and some of the 'managers' linked to us last time, Wright definitely is still the best option for us going forward. 

10 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I'm not sure about Wright - I wouldn't want him as my manager.

Don't tell parts of the Perthshire Mafia that.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The likes of Stephen O'Donnell and Kris Boyd trying to pin this on Angelo Alessio is systematic of the problems facing Killie right now. On a much, much smaller scale, it very much reminds me of the absolutely poisonous atmosphere at Rangers when Le Guen was in charge and Tommy Wright's comments suggest there's numerous attitude problems as well.

In a similar way as it has been for Hibs & Rangers in recent times, this relegation might be good for Killie in the long run to flush out the 'old boys' network and start a fresh.

has SOD come out and said something? What a tit.

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Don't tell parts of the Perthshire Mafia that.

has SOD come out and said something? What a tit.

Yeah, he was on BBC Sportsound laying the blame (and thickly) firmly at Alessio's door for 'the situation Kilmarnock' are in before the first leg even kicked off.

When Killie played Falkirk on the last day of the season and got a draw to avoid relegation the Killie supporters I spoke to that day said the club was facing financial ruin if they had been relegated.

What's the financial position of Klilie these days with relegation now confirmed?

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, he was on BBC Sportsound laying the blame (and thickly) firmly at Alessio's door for 'the situation Kilmarnock' are in before the first leg even kicked off.

what a knob.

Some fall from grace from the Steve Clarke days.

To me the most damning part of watching the two legs for me was the fact that at no time did I look at the Killie players and think if they go down it might be worth enquiring about player x,y or z. Not one looked anything other than fairly average. 

Also pretty damning  that your biggest attacking threat is a 37 year old.

Complete rebuild required and they might well have to bide their time before they make it back up.

Edited by Sheep62