The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if Killie fans will agree but although the Championship looks to be very competitive next season Killie have two big advantages that should help you get straight back to the SPL.

Firstly and if  he continues to support the club you will have a good financial backer and secondly, you have a good, proven manager in Tommy Wright! He will get rid of the deadwood the club has gathered over the years, sign good replacements and get the team organised. In fact I suspect if given the chance by the Board he will undertake  a reorganisation of the entire club! 

I expect Killie to be in the mix for a return to the SPL! 

The likes of Stephen O'Donnell and Kris Boyd trying to pin this on Angelo Alessio is systematic of the problems facing Killie right now. On a much, much smaller scale, it very much reminds me of the absolutely poisonous atmosphere at Rangers when Le Guen was in charge and Tommy Wright's comments suggest there's numerous attitude problems as well.

In a similar way as it has been for Hibs & Rangers in recent times, this relegation might be good for Killie in the long run to flush out the 'old boys' network and start a fresh.

Apart from two decent spells under Mixu/Shiels and latterly Steve Clarke, we have been pretty awful for much of the last 10-15 years. I can't really say we didn't have it coming at some point.

I'm not too despondent - I first started following when we were in the bottom division so I remember (vaguely) that there is more to life than hovering around the bottom of the top league. Maybe we'll actually win some matches hopefully.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

The likes of Stephen O'Donnell and Kris Boyd trying to pin this on Angelo Alessio is systematic of the problems facing Killie right now. On a much, much smaller scale, it very much reminds me of the absolutely poisonous atmosphere at Rangers when Le Guen was in charge and Tommy Wright's comments suggest there's numerous attitude problems as well.

In a similar way as it has been for Hibs & Rangers in recent times, this relegation might be good for Killie in the long run to flush out the 'old boys' network and start a fresh.

I find it staggering that people are still blaming Alessio for this. He hasnt been in charge for about 17 months. Plenty of time to get rid of deadwood, trouble makers etc. As an outsider I actually feel Alex Dyer did more harm than Alessio. I believe if they'd have gave AA more of a chance they'd have finished 6th at worst last season and probably the same this season. Sadly for him he was doomed after the Nomads game

I can see Killy coming straight back up. A proven manager, the ability to sign decent players at the level, and the fanbase should see them challenging in my view. There’s no doubt the management decisions after Clark were pretty much a disaster but as much as it will be hurting right now things can turn around pretty quickly.