The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

33 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Dion Charles 

Paul Smyth 

Michael McGovern 

Sean Lavery 

Lee Hodson

Would you be happy with these guys next year all NI men with ambition of int fitbaw?

Can Killie pay more than Accrington Stanley?

Lee Hodson was mediocre the first time around, so no. McGovern is an excellent goalkeeper, so yes. I wouldn't know any of the other three if they came into my house, said "I'm Dion Charles" and punched me full force in the face.

I'm also not sure that Tommy Wright being Northern Irish means that he is exclusively required to sign Northern Irish players.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Lee Hodson was mediocre the first time around, so no. McGovern is an excellent goalkeeper, so yes. I wouldn't know any of the other three if they came into my house, said "I'm Dion Charles" and punched me full force in the face.

I'm also not sure that Tommy Wright being Northern Irish means that he is exclusively required to sign Northern Irish players.

Maybe not but Jim Goodwin being Irish has helped to attract lots of Irish players to St Mirren so sure it helps

Dion Charles has 13 goals this year in English league one and a few assists exactly the kind of player any SPFL team should be targeting he is still 25

While it's disappointing to lose Stuart Findlay, looking at the bigger picture we're getting a fee for a player who was looking like he'd leave on a free for another Scottish club. He's been a fantastic servant to the club and I wish him all the best in taking the plunge and trying out life in the MLS. 

1 hour ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Tom King the Newport County keeper would be another suggestion 25 and is 6.4 foot been called into Welsh squad in 2019 can play for Gibraltar 

Surely Killie could offer more than a English league two team?

Guys deals up in May 

Wright want Kilmarnock sign Keeper Tom King from Newport County?

what about Danny Rogers?

28 minutes ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Wright want Kilmarnock sign Keeper Tom King from Newport County?

what about Danny Rogers?

Rodgers isn't very good though us he?

Killie need two new keepers good enough McGovern and King are just my suggestions 

If Alan McGregor called time on his Rangers career pretty sure McGovern would also be one of the names on there list for another year or two

If Killie want to get back to the Clarke days you need players your own players not loans

For that though they need to fit the budget what ever that.may be

Would like to think you could get a player who is with Newport though on.bosman for next year

Fon Williams is a good keeper to at Dunfermline he has a extra year on his deal though and would cost money 

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

Would like to think you could get a player who is with Newport though on.bosman for next year

When St Mirren signed Foley , the Newport manager said that he wanted him , but when a Scottish Premier team came on the scene that blew them out the water !

2 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Killie need two new keepers good enough McGovern and King are just my suggestions 

If Alan McGregor called time on his Rangers career pretty sure McGovern would also be one of the names on there list for another year or two

If Killie want to get back to the Clarke days you need players your own players not loans

Fon Williams is a good keeper to at Dunfermline he has a extra year on his deal though and would cost money 

McGovern is good keeper with Hamilton Accies long year ago but now McGovern is age old but Kilmarnock need new younger and good experience keeper

2 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I reckon Dunfermline fans would piss themselves laughing if you paid money for a keeper as poor as Fon Williams.

5 minutes ago, Craigieboy86 said:

McGovern is good keeper with Hamilton Accies long year ago but now McGovern is age old but Kilmarnock need new younger and good experience keeper

He's only 36! That's not old at all for a keeper. Rab Douglas re-joined us when he was 36 and we got 5 great seasons out of him and he's arguably still never been properly replaced since. Next season, the 2 best keepers in the league (if they don't retire) will be around the 39-40 mark in Gordon & McGregor!

45 minutes ago, Craigieboy86 said:

McGovern was also good for Norwich he would be a great signing if Tommy brought him to your club

It's all about wages though and Fon William is a good keeper as the Ross County fans what they think of him

Bad keepers don't make squads of top 20 countries in the world he would be a very astute singing indead 

Tripple barrelled save against St Johnstone surevTommy would remember well

Doin Charles is from Preston even East Kilbride in the lowland league have players coming up and playing for them

It actually isn't that far on the train that area should be a area teams like Killie should be targeting 

Killie aren't a bad sized team surely a stepping stone to a Blackburn Preston if he does well

13 goals for Accrington Stanley and NI former under 21 international