The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Kilmarnock fans have raised the money to pay our £10,000 fine today, with a bit extra left to spare. Great effort.
Great effort to help the club, you'd think everyone would do something similar especially if your club was about to die...........

Unless your a fucking *** Bigotted c**t!

Our podcast has a new episode out today that focuses on the life of Davie Sneddon and pays tribute to him. You can listen HERE or search "The Scottish Football Citizen" on Spotify to listen there. Lots of great memories about a great man - so many that we actually struggled to put them all into the podcast to pay tribute to one of the game's great gentlemen. 

KILMARNOCK will ask for a £1million government loan to help them survive the season.

Owner Billy Bowie has revealed Killie are set to record a seven-figure deficit and will ask the Scottish Government to bail them out.

Bowie explained directors have been ploughing in cash to pay the bills after the Covid-19 pandemic hit the club’s income streams.

He said: “I am sad to say we are forecasting a seven-figure deficit.

“Every month up to now, due to the directors and our organisation creating funds to pay the bills, everyone has been paid up.

“We have identified that there will be a cash flow shortage.

"We have a business interruption insurance claim that we hope will be an interim payment to carry us through.

“We have agreed to seek a government loan of £1m. It goes against the grain with myself as I don’t want to see the club going back into bank debt.

“Myself and the other directors are looking to try to get funds to keep the club going until the end of the season.

“The club shop sales have been good and we are looking at other avenues to bring income in.”

Despite the financial struggles, Bowie says boss Alex Dyer will be backed in the January window to add to his squad.

He added: “We had a meeting last week and we had approved a sum to Alex to bring in an additional player.

"Hopefully that will give him enough funds to bring in the player we need.”

Meanwhile, head of football operations James Fowler revealed Scotland defender Stuart Findlay could follow Eamonn Brophy out of the door.

He said: “We spoke to Eamonn over a year ago and made him a good offer but we have to look after the club.

“It’s like Stuart. He is someone we would like to keep but he is at an age he could potentially look to move down south.

“We can make offers but that doesn’t mean they sign them.”

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Admitting you'll be borrowing £1m of taxpayer money, then spending that on a new player, is pathetic. 

watch the full "on board in person 5" interview on youtube ya clown before spouting yer made up pish....

3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

watch the full "on board in person 5" interview on youtube ya clown before spouting yer made up pish....

"We have agreed to seek a government loan of £1m. It goes against the grain with myself as I don’t want to see the club going back into bank debt."

All from a club who willingly let fans pay a fine for them aswell.

Great stuff.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

"We have agreed to seek a government loan of £1m. It goes against the grain with myself as I don’t want to see the club going back into bank debt."

All from a club who willingly let fans pay a fine for them aswell.

Great stuff.

Hyperbole journalism....  It's two answers to two different questions joined together to try and manufacture a story.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Hyperbole journalism....  It's two answers to two different questions joined together to try and manufacture a story.

Yes, because receiving £1m the exact same week you start saying you can start spending money is completely unrelated.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, because receiving £1m the exact same week you start saying you can start spending money is completely unrelated.

There were additional funds made available over a week ago on top of Brophy's old wage to bring in the player Dyer has targeted.

Bowie also made it clear the £1m is only a safety net incase the clubs "business interuption insurance" claim takes longer to come throu.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Admitting you'll be borrowing £1m of taxpayer money, then spending that on a new player, is pathetic. 

We'll be spending about £50k of that at an absolute max on a new player's wages I'd imagine. Its not as if we're going to bid a million for a star player now is it. 

6 hours ago, Coooombe said:

We'll be spending about £50k of that at an absolute max on a new player's wages I'd imagine. Its not as if we're going to bid a million for a star player now is it. 

You guys want Jones back, around £1m should cover it and we'll chuck Stewart in for free....

The proposed £1 million pound loan + talk about transfers was always going to be taken negatively by others.  Can see where people are coming from although of course most of is WUM point and laugh reaction. I suppose you could say that we cut our cloth accordingly and don’t take the money but I’m sure a lot of clubs will have a deficit and are looking at ways to plug that deficit.

It’s also worth remembering that our club had somewhere between £5m and £10m in loans outstanding at one time and cleared all of those without resorting to administration or liquidation as some others have done. So as a club we are clearly of a higher moral standard than most others.

St Johnstone have been the role model for running your club efficiently over the last 20 years or so, we and others have more to do.

On 20/01/2021 at 18:54, craigkillie said:

St Johnstone will be in the same boat as us, you can't legislate for suddenly losing a massive chunk of your regular revenue for over a year.

Tbf we built up a saving of over £2m as a "rainy day fund" which means we should come out of this with money still in the bank/no debts/no loans to pay back.

Maybe these loans aren't so bad a thing afterall.....

I can see plenty of top flight clubs looking to take up the offer now they are interest free with 20 years to repay them.....

Edited by C4mmy31