The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why no word on the Dunfermline game as well? Surely Dyer won’t backtrack and play the youths when he said he wasn’t prepared to do that v Falkirk?

also wondering why your players are going to the test centre at Prestwick, thought the club would have been testing them

Some of the first team will be out of self-isolation by that point hopefully as the period is 10-14 days, there may be enough first teamers plus U-18s to make up a threadbare squad to let the game go ahead. It'll very much be a wait-and-see scenario, if there's not enough ready or fit then it'll be 3-0 Pars. The club will have been testing the players but I suspect that going to the Prestwick testing centre will have been part of the protocol and for all we know the health board may have insisted on it anyway. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why no word on the Dunfermline game as well? Surely Dyer won’t backtrack and play the youths when he said he wasn’t prepared to do that v Falkirk?

also wondering why your players are going to the test centre at Prestwick, thought the club would have been testing them

The club carries out the remote testing, but once they have tested positive (or presumably once they have been identified as contacts via track and trace), they then go to the normal testing sites as any member of the public with symptoms would.

Genuine question here as I haven't been paying attention to this really but why are you surrendering games 0-3 in the diddy cup but league are rearranged?

I can't imagine the **** or **** would be happy at surrendering games.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Genuine question here as I haven't been paying attention to this really but why are you surrendering games 0-3 in the diddy cup but league are rearranged?

I think it only applies for the group stage

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Different rules for the League Cup group stage to make sure they get completed in time.

Although I gave some stick to Alex Dyer yesterday for moaning about Livingston not agreeing to delay their league match on Saturday, we’ll done to him for filling his bench with youth players tonight. The amount of times that you see some managers only putting three or four subs on the bench, when they could be giving youth players good matchday experience, does ma heid in. 

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Although I gave some stick to Alex Dyer yesterday for moaning about Livingston not agreeing to delay their league match on Saturday, we’ll done to him for filling his bench with youth players tonight. The amount of times that you see some managers only putting three or four subs on the bench, when they could be giving youth players good matchday experience, does ma heid in. 

started with 4 youngsters and finished the game with 8 all 18 or under.....

Picl of the bunch for me was Deveney at LB looked a very tidy player. Ross and Warnock worthy of a mention to.

Edited by C4mmy31

39 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Deveney has signed for Falkirk on a season long loan. What’s he like? Has he seen much first team action?

He looked a very decent prospect in the recent game against Dunfermline....He's only a youngster mind.

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Deveney has signed for Falkirk on a season long loan. What’s he like? Has he seen much first team action?

His only appearance was in the Betfred game against Dunfermline where we had to bring in the kids due to all the 'rona floating about. He was fine in that game, nothing daft on the ball and kept possession well but most of Dunfermline's attacks came down the other side with Thomas so it's hard to really make a judgement on him. I'll just say that I was surprised to see him go to a full-time team on loan.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's being reported Killie haven't finished giving their evidence to the Covid enquiry and the SPFL have adjorned it until next week.....

Just when you think it can't get anymore farcical.

The BBC are reporting that the hearing could last till Friday.

• 2 weeks later...