The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

5 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:
11 minutes ago, dumpweed said:
Watford changed their mind on Bachmann after relegation to the Championship.

Terrible news. Panic stations to try and find and sign a new first-choice goalie of a good calibre ahead of Saturday.

Wouldn't say panic stations. Just other options being explored/ advanced.

2 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:
2 hours ago, dumpweed said:
Watford changed their mind on Bachmann after relegation to the Championship.

Terrible news. Panic stations to try and find and sign a new first-choice goalie of a good calibre ahead of Saturday.

Danny Rogers one year deal.

You'll hardly consider it a glowing reference and I understand why a club with top six aspirations would be hoping for a better first choice, but he's comfortably an upgrade on what you had last season.

He had a few howlers early on with us but once he'd had a proper run of games - and it was his first in two years - he started to look like the goalkeeper his earlier reputation suggested. I know he was mince at St Mirren and that's the main top flight exposure he's had, but he's admitted that himself and said he was playing through an injury that pretty much stopped him diving properly for a few games, then after taking time out to have an operation he didn't play again.

He didn't get match fitness back after that until he had a run of games with us and once he did there's not another Championship goalkeeper I'd have swapped him for, albeit the standard of goalkeepers in the Championship last season was poor. If he is second choice long term, he's an improvement on MacDonald.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

You'll hardly consider it a glowing reference and I understand why a club with top six aspirations would be hoping for a better first choice, but he's comfortably an upgrade on what you had last season.

He had a few howlers early on with us but once he'd had a proper run of games - and it was his first in two years - he started to look like the goalkeeper his earlier reputation suggested. I know he was mince at St Mirren and that's the main top flight exposure he's had, but he's admitted that himself and said he was playing through an injury that pretty much stopped him diving properly for a few games, then after taking time out to have an operation he didn't play again.

He didn't get match fitness back after that until he had a run of games with us and once he did there's not another Championship goalkeeper I'd have swapped him for, albeit the standard of goalkeepers in the Championship last season was poor. If he is second choice long term, he's an improvement on MacDonald.

Yeah.

He was a bit of a bomb scare for us. He did only play five games for us, fortunately.

His injury stemmed from an incident against Spartans in August where he did a comedy dive to punch a ball at the edge of the box. It resulted in a goal for Spartans.

He played second fiddle to Craig Samson, until Samson left for Sunderland in November.

He then played four games peppered with uncertainty and generally poor decision making, before Dean Lyness took over, until Hladky signed.

Lyness went to Raith, and we put our youth 'keeper on the bench, before punting Rogers back to Aberdeen.

We are being linked with Jake Eastwood from Sheff Utd now the Bachmann deal is off the table.

Manager Dyer added: "I'm just about to bring a goalkeeper in any time now. Whether he will be ready for Saturday or not, we'll have to wait and see, but there will be one in the building - definitely.

"Also, we want to bring in another couple of positions, but I don't want to say anything about the others."

Edited by C4mmy31

18 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Feeling optimistic at how we are shaping up squad wise, especially as Lord Dyer is still expecting another couple in after Tish is confirmed. Therefore all the signs point to us having a bloody 'mare.

Agreed, assuming Tish signs then I'd say all we need is another cb- only cause Rossi is a bit of a young unknown quantity and old Kirky since coming back in January hasn't looked great.

19 hours ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Agreed, assuming Tish signs then I'd say all we need is another cb- only cause Rossi is a bit of a young unknown quantity and old Kirky since coming back in January hasn't looked great.

Broadfoot has been fine since he came back in January. I do agree though we need some extra competition in that area.

The fans are just upset with him given the whole "Alessio is a muppet" interview he gave when he left.