The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 minute ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

I’m prepared to feel very underwhelmed by our transfer activity come 23:59 tonight, much like how I felt at the end of the summer window. 

Just look at any player who you had under Clarke, see whos available, and watch Twitter for their names.

Can't imagine Alex Dyers plan goes beyond that.

34 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Apart from the two totally unconnected players we already signed?

You've just paid a fee to sign a 35yo CB whos played 8 games this season for a team further down the league.

It sort of points to a manager trying to repeat something that worked in the pass.

Scott Burns is claiming that Broadfoot has agreed an 18 month contact. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We even got money for him!

September 2019: Kirk Broadfoot, with 12 months on his contract left, receives a pay off from Kilmarnock and departs. He later joins St Mirren.

January 2020: Kilmarnock pay a fee to re-sign Kirk Broadfoot, despite injury meaning hes barely played all season. They give him an 18 month contract.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

September 2019: Kirk Broadfoot, with 12 months on his contract left, receives a pay off from Kilmarnock and departs. He later joins St Mirren.

January 2020: Kilmarnock pay a fee to re-sign Kirk Broadfoot, despite injury meaning hes barely played all season. They give him an 18 month contract.

Is the pay off bit true?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely smacks of money laundering. I fear a 10 point deduction for the Ayrshire Killie.

There's absolutely no evidence we paid him off. He already had the St Mirren move lined up before he left, so it suited both parties for him to be released at the time. It's still mental that we're paying even a small fee for him, but as a player I don't really mind the signing at all - he was still very good last season.

Edited by craigkillie

There's absolutely no evidence we paid him off. He already had the St Mirren move lined up before he left, so it suited both parties for him to be released at the time. It's still mental that we're paying even a small fee for him, but as a player I don't really mind the signing at all - he was still very good last season.

And in fairness he was good for us in the few games he actually played. Just a bizarre move all round mind you

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

All joking aside,  when he did play for us this season he was still decent. His main problem now seems to be staying fit.

5 hours ago, superkillieaway said:

He had a really bad injury I think when he was down south and has never recovered from it.

Was always a very handy midfield player and recycled the ball well for us. Scored a couple of decent goals too. That was in a rotten Kilmarnock side though!

We should sign him tonight then.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

andrew robertson football GIF by Liverpool FC

You keep telling yourself that. [emoji106]