The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I take it the playing squad had generally just lost faith in AA?
Despite  his injury, I was mildly surprised to observe Stuart Findlay taking in the Sons match v Clyde a few weeks back - whilst Killie were playing through at Hibs. Upon inquiry from a curious fan, he displayed little enthusiasm for travelling to watch his team. Seemed odd at the time.
Stuart had rehab that morning and didn't have time to travel to Edinburgh following it. Instead he decided to watch his local team. That's it.

1 hour ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I suppose top six is probably where most reasonable fans would expect us to finish given the manager and the players we lost in the summer. If we get the right appointment in then Europe might still be on the cards but with both OF sides looking a cut above everyone else in the league, Motherwell and Aberdeen currently going head-to-head for the European places and a resurgent Hibs it'll be a difficult ask. I'd imagine that we'll have a bit of money to play with in the transfer window after getting 3rd last year and the £2million  or so we got for Taylor in August so if Fowler can eye up some decent replacements then a good manager could potentially lead a charge in the remainder of the season. 

Good point well made, couldn't have put it better myself really. 

Not bad from you mate how is the band going 

On 18/12/2019 at 22:40, Nadroj said:

Aw shut the f**k up you *** c**t

Can see where he’s coming from tbf.

This full thing is just really odd from the outside. Getting 3rd place was a decent achievement, but you would think you lot won the league the way Steve Clark gets talked about.

Seen Fowler was saying it was like following Ferguson at Man Utd. Jesus. A reality check is needed.

14 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

I'm all behind this. If the guy wants the chance, IMO, the it's his:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50926718

Tale as old as time that.

Assistant manager who's friendly with the squad helps orchestrate the removal of the manager to get himself the top job. At least it helps explain why Alessio was punted.

There isn't much of a downside to giving him the job on an interim basis until the end of the season and offering him a contract if he delivers top six. He's got a direct link to Clarke, the players like him and nobody at the club has a bad word to say about him. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tale as old as time that.

Assistant manager who's friendly with the squad helps orchestrate the removal of the manager to get himself the top job. At least it helps explain why Alessio was punted.

Cant really disagree with this.

That's the very reason why a guy should never get a gig. Players "like" him (as opposed to disliking the previous incumbent) just smacks of soft touch. Was in evidence today at the corner just before ht, manager waving a forward back to the half way line, captain telling him to get back. Soft touch !

There isn't much of a downside to giving him the job on an interim basis until the end of the season and offering him a contract if he delivers top six. He's got a direct link to Clarke, the players like him and nobody at the club has a bad word to say about him. 

Guest Moomintroll
God what a miserable season. 
It feels that way, just remember the previous miseries we have endured, 1 or 2 people who can actually score a goal in the January transfer window & it will all be good. This could go either way.

Guest Moomintroll
150th anniversary season should be an enjoyable celebration of our great club. It is indeed turning into a miserable disaster.
1988 was a miserable disaster, on & off the pitch, we are grim this season but nowhere near as bad as that.