The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I take it the playing squad had generally just lost faith in AA?

Despite  his injury, I was mildly surprised to observe Stuart Findlay taking in the Sons match v Clyde a few weeks back - whilst Killie were playing through at Hibs. Upon inquiry from a curious fan, he displayed little enthusiasm for travelling to watch his team. Seemed odd at the time.

It’s a bit like the “alarming incident” which lead to Alex McLeish getting sacked. Entirely speculative, never proven, and downright shoddy journalism.

Indeed.
It’s just the idea that the relationship wasn’t working and the club have decided to act on it isn’t quite ‘explosive’ enough for them so they need an incident to focus on.

It's a real shame that it hasn't worked out for Angelo. I think we as Killie fans all wanted it to work but ultimately it's just not been working the way we'd all have liked it to work. Add to that the football was sometimes eye-bleedingly bad to watch with little creativity. Right now I'm not too angry with the players but if they don't work their arses off for Dyer at the weekend I'll be absolutely fuming with them. 

It's a real shame that it hasn't worked out for Angelo. I think we as Killie fans all wanted it to work but ultimately it's just not been working the way we'd all have liked it to work. Add to that the football was sometimes eye-bleedingly bad to watch with little creativity. Right now I'm not too angry with the players but if they don't work their arses off for Dyer at the weekend I'll be absolutely fuming with them. 
Spot on, so glad Dyer stayed on, good guy, decent coach and well liked throughout the club, i'm sure he'll get a positive reaction from the players.

[quote post="13382672" timestamp="1576632971" name="Sortmeout"
I’m not sure any team in the league other than Celtic have had many successful appointments either out of their last 5.

I disagree. Connolly, Coyle, McInnes, Lomas, Wright. 4/5 were successful.

13 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

No new badly needed players again in the transfer window. F-sakes.

This is James Fowler's job, not the manager. We've signed plenty of players in the past when we haven't had a manager - in fact our current captain was one of them.

Where do kilmarnock expect to finish in the league? Anywhere in the top 6?

If he was failing to do that.....

Posted by Baz over on Kickback:

"I knew as much about this as anyone (zero) and I suppose the lack of any reported basis for this dismissal left the reasons wide open to speculation, and boy do we love to speculate, sublime to ridiculous was never in it. As ever there do not seem to be any grey areas, fans have made their mind up and are either deliriously happy that AA has gone and the Board are b*****ds for appointing him in the first place, or they are raging that he has gone and the Board are b*****ds for standing him down. There seems to be a common theme here, everyone wants someone to blame...which is fine because there is plenty to go around but its far from just being the Board which should be held to account, after all they are ultimately only trying to keep the fans happy. Some you win, some you lose, and in our case in that order it would seem. Steve Clarke worked out and left, Alessio didn't work out and was asked to leave, its football, it happens all the time, and we should probably calm down a wee bit and wait and see what happens next. I've not spoken to anyone at length but I have been asking a few questions about some of the ridiculous stories going around, here's what I can gather (in no particular order)...

1) There was no incident which sparked today's dismissal, the powers that be discussed the current situation at the club today and all that entailed and this was the decision they came to.

2) There was no 'player revolt' and everyone that was meant to turn up for a double training session today did. I'm not saying there are not unhappy players but they didn't instigate today's proceedings directly...again some folk think certain players downed tools, that's their opinion and may or may not be valid.

3) The press did receive notification of a PC with Alessio because that was already scheduled to go out before news of AA leaving broke, these things spread like wildfire and there's no putting a lid on it once its out there so a short press release was then put out about it.

4) Dyer and Donati will be in charge for Saturday's game, which has been mentioned elsewhere, neither asked or indeed were asked to leave, they were not involved in this, we need to get behind them on Saturday regardless of anything else. Maybe Dyer will think differently about taking the top job now? Whatever the case he will have a few games to show us what he's capable of as there will be no immediate replacement coming in from what I can gather.

My turn to speculate now. The Board made an ambitious appointment and while it has been far from a disaster it still hasn't panned out as well as they thought it would and they've decided that changing things now was better than leaving it until after the winter break. As we all know there are a lot of players due out of contract soon and we need to be bringing players in, not losing them if they don't want to re-sign for us. Again it is not idea going into another transfer window with no manager but we are currently tracking players and James Fowler is now in place to oversee this whether someone new is involved or not, so we won't be in the same situation as the summer. We are a helluva better equipped to deal with replacing a manager now than we were only a short while back and now is the time to pull together and not pull each other apart. Mistakes will always be made, decisions will inevitably carry an aspect of chance, its how we react and adapt that determines how well we will fare as a Club. It's been interesting but its over, lessons hopefully learned all round and to hell with the media and all this doom-mongering bollocks."

On 17/12/2019 at 19:37, Muzza81 said:

Big bust up between Bruce and Alessio, Dyer refused to stick up for his manager. Kicked off from there.

All the wee tryhards that were fuming when the MSM called him out as a dud must be fuming that the MSM were right. Funny ol’ world. 

Bruce was swanning about Silverburn about 9pm on Monday. Seems a bit of a p***k who thinks he should be playing every game 

7 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Do you think that you guys were playing total football under Steve C?

Boyd in the paper today sticking the knife into AA. Seriously feel bad for the amount of abuse from journalists that Angelo has had to put up with. Yes the Nomads result was embarrassing but the articles after it were even more embarrassing and basically showed a “jobs for the boys” mentality. How dare an Italian that played at a high level and was assistant to top clubs and national team come to Scotland and upset the apple cart. Scottish fitba really is stuck in the 1980’s at times

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Bruce was swanning about Silverburn about 9pm on Monday. Seems a bit of a p***k who thinks he should be playing every game 

That seems unlikely given that he's never been first choice since he signed, and must have known that.

7 hours ago, Fide said:

Posted by Baz over on Kickback:

"I knew as much about this as anyone (zero) and I suppose the lack of any reported basis for this dismissal left the reasons wide open to speculation, and boy do we love to speculate, sublime to ridiculous was never in it. As ever there do not seem to be any grey areas, fans have made their mind up and are either deliriously happy that AA has gone and the Board are b*****ds for appointing him in the first place, or they are raging that he has gone and the Board are b*****ds for standing him down. There seems to be a common theme here, everyone wants someone to blame...which is fine because there is plenty to go around but its far from just being the Board which should be held to account, after all they are ultimately only trying to keep the fans happy. Some you win, some you lose, and in our case in that order it would seem. Steve Clarke worked out and left, Alessio didn't work out and was asked to leave, its football, it happens all the time, and we should probably calm down a wee bit and wait and see what happens next. I've not spoken to anyone at length but I have been asking a few questions about some of the ridiculous stories going around, here's what I can gather (in no particular order)...

1) There was no incident which sparked today's dismissal, the powers that be discussed the current situation at the club today and all that entailed and this was the decision they came to.

2) There was no 'player revolt' and everyone that was meant to turn up for a double training session today did. I'm not saying there are not unhappy players but they didn't instigate today's proceedings directly...again some folk think certain players downed tools, that's their opinion and may or may not be valid.

3) The press did receive notification of a PC with Alessio because that was already scheduled to go out before news of AA leaving broke, these things spread like wildfire and there's no putting a lid on it once its out there so a short press release was then put out about it.

4) Dyer and Donati will be in charge for Saturday's game, which has been mentioned elsewhere, neither asked or indeed were asked to leave, they were not involved in this, we need to get behind them on Saturday regardless of anything else. Maybe Dyer will think differently about taking the top job now? Whatever the case he will have a few games to show us what he's capable of as there will be no immediate replacement coming in from what I can gather.

My turn to speculate now. The Board made an ambitious appointment and while it has been far from a disaster it still hasn't panned out as well as they thought it would and they've decided that changing things now was better than leaving it until after the winter break. As we all know there are a lot of players due out of contract soon and we need to be bringing players in, not losing them if they don't want to re-sign for us. Again it is not idea going into another transfer window with no manager but we are currently tracking players and James Fowler is now in place to oversee this whether someone new is involved or not, so we won't be in the same situation as the summer. We are a helluva better equipped to deal with replacing a manager now than we were only a short while back and now is the time to pull together and not pull each other apart. Mistakes will always be made, decisions will inevitably carry an aspect of chance, its how we react and adapt that determines how well we will fare as a Club. It's been interesting but its over, lessons hopefully learned all round and to hell with the media and all this doom-mongering bollocks."

TL;DR but thanks for ensuring I never venture onto that website by mistake m77 😉

8 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Where do kilmarnock expect to finish in the league? Anywhere in the top 6?

If he was failing to do that.....

I suppose top six is probably where most reasonable fans would expect us to finish given the manager and the players we lost in the summer. If we get the right appointment in then Europe might still be on the cards but with both OF sides looking a cut above everyone else in the league, Motherwell and Aberdeen currently going head-to-head for the European places and a resurgent Hibs it'll be a difficult ask. I'd imagine that we'll have a bit of money to play with in the transfer window after getting 3rd last year and the £2million  or so we got for Taylor in August so if Fowler can eye up some decent replacements then a good manager could potentially lead a charge in the remainder of the season. 

1 hour ago, tigerbread said:

Good point well made, couldn't have put it better myself really.