The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

It's quite clearly a decision based on off the pitch issues, as theres literally no reason he'd be sacked for anything else. Suspect it'll never officially be made public why. 

Also, Gary Holt kept Livingston up comfortably last season, lost a chunk of key players, and looks like keeping them up comfortably again. Kilmarnock are potentially going to lose a couple of key players before next season, so might be worth bearing the quality to cope with that in their mind.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Always suspicious of appointments like James Fowler weeks before a manager is sacked.

Maybe big Kirky was right after all. Even though Killies results have been acceptable.

Could be wrong, but in this case I don't think they were related. We had been on the look out for a DoF (or whatever Fowler's role is) for a couple of months, and obviously had to move quickly when he became available in case he ended up with Ross at Hibs.

Crazy move in my view, thought he was building something before the injuries piled up. They looked a well organised side at our place even when down to 10 men. But football is not full of patient individuals these days whether that be those running clubs or a percentage of supporters. He will do well at another club.

4 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Crazy move in my view, thought he was building something before the injuries piled up. They looked a well organised side at our place even when down to 10 men. But football is not full of patient individuals these days whether that be those running clubs or a percentage of supporters. He will do well at another club.

Injuries didn't pile up - Findlay is the only player who is out.

He had signed a 3 year deal. I am sure there would be clauses around termination, but surely this will set Killie back a few bob or even more. 

To me it seemed a bizarre appointment not unlike Stendel for Hearts. Not because they were foreign just that they had little track record as Managers of top flight teams. Almost as if it is only Scotland they will do well. How many foreign Managers have been a success without millions of £’s to spend ? 

It does seem a tad premature but as surmised it must be because he is not settling in well and the players have started to turn against him. Don’t mind Killie at all but hoping they don’t get a huge boost to enhance their hopes of top 4 finish for obvious reasons. 

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Injuries didn't pile up - Findlay is the only player who is out.

He might be now, that was not the case back in October when he was starting to build some excellent results.” Patience not panic”

31 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

Wonder if Brian Rice has any connection with Killie, anything to get shot of him

Strange one this, might have been caught podgering one of the board members

Cathy caught him with a bottle of buckfast,  the end was nigh...