The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I actually quite like Jackson whenever I saw him last season, looked like a busy forward labouring in the spearhead of an atrocious football team - always a thankless task.  I'd take a chance on him short term to see how he does.

Also, is Stuart Findlay now the "most miles travelled for zero caps"? 

I actually quite like Jackson whenever I saw him last season, looked like a busy forward labouring in the spearhead of an atrocious football team - always a thankless task.  I'd take a chance on him short term to see how he does.
Also, is Stuart Findlay now the "most miles travelled for zero caps"? 
He managed 6 goals if I remember correctly, which isn't a bad return considering how negative we were last season.

Ironically he'd probably hit double figures with us this season, seems miles better than the strikers we signed in the summer (up till now anyway).

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Partick, a side at the bottom of the table of the second tier, have beaten Connoh's Quay Nomads today.

and Edinburgh City of the 4th tier beat Dunfermline in the League Cup...... whats your point caller?

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Partick, a side at the bottom of the table of the second tier, have beaten Connoh's Quay Nomads today.

Connah’s Quay are not a good side. Killie shot themselves in the foot in that tie. We had a new manager just in and had no preparation for the games. A couple of bounce games on our pre season training camp was the sum total. We won the away game and thought the tie was over. Killie put down a new pitch but no one connected with the club thought to a least play a friendly or two on it before the home match. I have no doubt,that 3 months on, Killie would beat them very easily but the damage is done and can’t be undone. Well done Thistle.

Edited by the west curve

2 hours ago, the west curve said:

Connah’s Quay are not a good side. Killie shot themselves in the foot in that tie. We had a new manager just in and had no preparation for the games. A couple of bounce games on our pre season training camp was the sum total. We won the away game and thought the tie was over. Killie put down a new pitch but no one connected with the club thought to a least play a friendly or two on it before the home match. I have no doubt,that 3 months on, Killie would beat them very easily but the damage is done and can’t be undone. Well done Thistle.

They're blaming their own pitch now....

Guest Moomintroll
No one blamed the pitch. I suggested that on a surface as good as our new one is, it would have made sense to play on it  before an important cup tie. 
Convert the pitch to shares m77, that makes all the bad things go away.

Not nearly enough love for Stuart Findlay on this thread right now after his exploits last night. So to rectify that here's my new favourite picture of the big dog himself. Hope he's doing the same as he is here come Saturday at 4:50!

EGyRM33WkAU68d9?format=jpg&name=small

Simeon Jackson welcomed the chance to prove himself among a Kilmarnock squad who have been used to success over the past two years.

The former Blackburn and Coventry player said: “It’s a really good team. Straight away even from training, I have had to work my way in and got a few tackles laid in straight away to welcome me. “That’s good, it sums up a good dressing room and good spine to the team so I’m looking forward to it.

“Jeez man, the first five minutes I was like ‘welcome’. I think it was Alan Power who took me out in the first five minutes and I was like ‘yeah, I need to get used to this’.

“But you want to be in those sort of teams where you are fighting for it every day and working hard for each other. “It’s a great dressing room, they have all welcomed me and there’s a good team spirit and togetherness. Everyone works hard for each other, there are no big-times or anything, everyone gets stuck into it.”

Being part of a team again is a major lift for Jackson following several months out of work. “It’s not easy, I tell you that much,” he said. “I’ve got a few bills to pay and catch up with.

“It’s a testing time but with the right people around you, like I have, and with the work ethic and mindset, you just keep going until opportunities like this come up. I am lucky enough to get the opportunity. “I was training with a few clubs, speaking to a few clubs before here. You are not sure what’s happening and things come up and go quiet, and you are just kind of hanging around waiting.

“When Killie call, you drop everything and find your way up here.”

When asked to describe what life is like without a club, Jackson said: “Train every day. You don’t think about it, you just do it, and get ready for when these times come around. “Training by yourself is not the easiest thing to do, it’s a grind, but (if) you love the game enough and you want to be a professional, then that’s what it takes and you do it.” The hard yards on his own and the belief that something would come his way have now paid off.

“Coming into training and seeing what the standard is like, what the intensity is like, that’s the environment you want to be in,” he said. “There is an expectation and intensity every day and that’s a recipe for success.”

🤣 

On 09/10/2019 at 22:32, mathematics said:

Best to contact Baz at Killiefc.com. He could auction  it off for you.

I've messaged the page on facebook but it hasn't been seen and tried to join the website but have been awaiting validation on account for about 2 weeks, not sure what is going on there!

As it is to raise funds for a youth team anything would be helpful towards club funds. We weren't expecting it to fetch a high price but anything is better than it going to waste if anyone here would like to bid on it.

Probably a really random question from an Ayr fan but I was at my mates last night and he had yesterday’s programme lying around and I saw the team poster in it. What happened to that GK lad that came on v Rangers in the last game of the season? There was 3 gk in the pic but he wasn’t one of them