The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I was absolutely raging after the CQN home game and exit from Europe and extremely worried about the rumours coming out of the club - delighted the manager has proved me wrong and if we can add a prolific striker to this team then the question will be how long can we keep AA instead of how long will he last.

Guest Moomintroll

Not going to lie, I was grumpy as f**k at the start with certain aspects but AA has, up to this point, proven that he knows exactly what he is doing. With the Greg Taylor money up our sleeve we may acquire a quality goalscorer in January to make this a very successful season, right now we seem to be solid at the back with 3 exceptional defensive midfielders who will ensure that we will not concede many goals. If we can add something at the other end then this may well be a good season for us.

Just watched the BB interview, over 14 mins long, where he talks very candidly about our plans for the future both on & off the pitch...... An interesting insight for anyone with a Killie TV subscription.

I hadn't realised we had actually interviewed 11 "very high calibre household names" for the managers job before deciding on Angelo, with BB admitting he had to pinch himself that he was sharing a room with these guys during the interview process......

Yes, I was concerned by that too. It appeared as though Bowie was swayed a lot by reputation rather than focusing on people's CVs and their actual capability for the job. Fingers crossed that he might have got lucky with Alessio in that respect.

16 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Just watched the BB interview, over 14 mins long, where he talks very candidly about our plans for the future both on & off the pitch...... An interesting insight for anyone with a Killie TV subscription.

I hadn't realised we had actually interviewed 11 "very high calibre household names" for the managers job before deciding on Angelo, with BB admitting he had to pinch himself that he was sharing a room with these guys during the interview process......

Anyone know who the other 10 candidates were? 

I run a girls youth football club in Ross-shire called Invergordon Girls FC, you can find us on Facebook. We are holding our first awards night and are running a fund raising raffle. I had emailed someone from Scottish Women's Football to ask about donations for prizes. Unfortunately they don't have access to any signed Scotland tops etc but they had a signed away Kilmarnock top from last season which they donated. It's a lovely prize and a great gesture but I'm not sure there will be much of a demand for the top in Ross-shire! I had thought that it would be a nice prize for a Killie fan and there might be another way of using it to help raise funds the club to help it grow. I was wondering if it could go on any Killie fans page to be auctioned off? I took a quick photo of it when it arrived but could get a better one.

Thanks.

Guest Moomintroll
Most football clubs don't sign players based on their penalty taking ability.
Would be nice if we started signing forwards based on their goalscoring ability mind.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Christ. As if having one shit penalty taker in Sow isnt bad enough! Can’t remeber who it was against last season but Jackson hit a pen that would even rival Osman’s for ineptitude 

Was it him that tried a panenka against St Johnstone and horsed it