The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

8 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

He is unsure of the new manager so asked to leave the club,  very strange . 

Gary Dicker is on BBC radio Scotland just now. He said, at the start of the interview when asked about AA,  he to, was unsure of him to begin with.

When asked a similar question towards the end of the interview he said basically they are warming to him now as they get familiar with his style & tactics.

He also mentions Kirk "had his reasons" for wanting to leave......

29 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Gary Dicker is on BBC radio Scotland just now. He said, at the start of the interview when asked about AA,  he to, was unsure of him to begin with.

When asked a similar question towards the end of the interview he said basically they are warming to him now as they get familiar with his style & tactics.

He also mentions Kirk "had his reasons" for wanting to leave......

If anybody has a match programme from the Aberdeen game, read Gary dickers music selections and it will tell you everything you need to know.

Edited by dumpweed

12 hours ago, bennett said:

If he could stay fit, he'd be a good player for you guys.

Not fussed about Dorrans tbh, there are better free agents out there looking for the same money but with less risk of missing matches through injury.

7 hours ago, killiekranky said:

If he could stay fit, he’d be a good player for you guys.

If he could stay fit he'd be a good player for most teams in the p ship.

Hearts took a gamble with Naisy and it would be similar Dorrans, probably with a similar outcome.

The Broadfoot piece of lazy journalism isn’t damning imo . Player doesn’t like new manager .. gives opinion to red top ... they sensationalise it  .. suits their xenophobic view .  That’s  a classic piece of Scottish media reporting  

I didn’t like my first boss’ s method s neither did a few others , I left , problem sorted . 

9 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

The Broadfoot piece of lazy journalism isn’t damning imo . Player doesn’t like new manager .. gives opinion to red top ... they sensationalise it  .. suits their xenophobic view .  That’s  a classic piece of Scottish media reporting  

I didn’t like my first boss’ s method s neither did a few others , I left , problem sorted . 

Greg Kiltie is also talking negatively about the new manager.

14 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

When its any red top article I just look for the quotes and it wasn't so much the differing training methods that stood out for me as that is common but more so having to to do extra fitness training. Just surprising to hear scottish players complain about lack of it. 

I think the press are loving this AA “disaster”, they were hysterical about it when Nomads won, then a few crap domestic results, now the talk of players not rating him.

I think it’s harsh on the guy as there was no way he could have been another Steve Clarke in regards to results or how much the fans loved him 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Just seen some of Broadfoots comments and it’s pretty damning on Alessio considering Scottish football is hardly renowned for professionalism and fitness.

From a guy who can barely operate a microwave are you really surprised he finds it difficult to adapt to a style & tactics of a man who has won & coached at the top end of European football ??? 

Thanks for the last 2 years Kirk, but best for both parties he has moved on.

53 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think the press are loving this AA “disaster”, they were hysterical about it when Nomads won, then a few crap domestic results, now the talk of players not rating him.

I think it’s harsh on the guy as there was no way he could have been another Steve Clarke in regards to results or how much the fans loved him 

Given his comments on Radio Scotland last night, Gary Dicker admitted the players weren't sure of AA to start with but are now getting to grips & coming around to his tactics & style of play.

Obviously there will be 1 or 2 who dont agree, so short of self blame for failure to adapt, they spit the dummy then run to a red top just itching to sensationalise a story about a foreign manager.

Pretty standard stuff from a Scottish rag who view AA as not one of the old boys network.

Harvey St. Clair has revealed the attraction of working with Angelo Alessio again was a big part in his decision to move to Ayrshire. 

The Venezia and Scotland U21 forward made the Rugby Park switch late on in deadline day, and having worked with the gaffer early in his career as a Chelsea youth player – the opportunity for a reunion wasn’t one he turned down.

“I’m really happy to be back closer to home, and I can’t wait to get started with all the boys,” he told Killie TV.

“I spoke to the manager who I knew from my time at Chelsea and It just felt like the right place to be.

“After I got back from pre-season in Italy, I heard about the offer to go to Killie. It all happened so fast – I’m just very happy to be here.”

Swapping the tactical nature of Serie B for the rough and tumble of the Scottish Premiership is quite a move – but its one that Harvey knows he’ll need to adapt to.

“Yeah, Italy was a completely different world to what I’m used to,” he explained.

“The football in Italy is very tactical and technical. It has a physical edge as well, so some differences to Scotland. I know that it’s something I’ll have to adapt and get used to.

“I have a very attacking nature, but I’m also aware of my defensive responsibilities – and that’s something thats been enhanced by my time in Italy.

“The international break feels like the right time to come in; I’ll get the chance to get a weeks training in and get started.”

I'll trust the judgement of someone with 2 years experience of working under AA over a couple of guys, who after 5 mins, bad mouthing him via the SMSM, having decided his tactics & methods weren't for them.......

Edited by C4mmy31

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

From a guy who can barely operate a microwave are you really surprised he finds it difficult to adapt to a style & tactics of a man who has won & coached at the top end of European football ??? 

Thanks for the last 2 years Kirk, but best for both parties he has moved on.

Killie should do better than third in the league then with such a high profile manager no ?