The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Rumour has it they didn't want to come. Neither of them are that young now and need serious game time but Im guessing would rather wind their contracts down and still be seen as Celtic ‘players’ than be potentially found out sooner.

Dont think either are up to much anyway.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Dont think either are up to much anyway.

Would struggle to disagree with you. I never rated Hendry, he was a panic buy and his cv was pretty crap when we signed him where basically he had been basically punted about the english lower leagues on loans, perhaps would have been handy though with Broadfoot away.  Calvin Miller is a few years younger but needs to learn to adapt to the senior game and wont be doing that with development games.  I don't fancy him as a left back but his versatility may have been helpful enough if you don't have too big a squad.

Edited by gannonball

34 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Would struggle to disagree with you. I never rated Hendry, he was a panic buy and his cv was pretty crap when we signed him where basically he had been basically punted about the english lower leagues on loans, perhaps would have been handy though with Broadfoot away.  Calvin Miller is a few years younger but needs to learn to adapt to the senior game and wont be doing that with development games.  I don't fancy him as a left back but his versatility may have been helpful enough if you don't have too big a squad.

We're fine for defenders, it is a playmaker we require. Unfortunately, they don't grow on trees.

Kiltie hasn't really shown much in the top flight since his injury. Obviously he did well at Morton last year, and I would have liked him to get a chance this year, but it's not like we've sent out a guaranteed superstar.

We do still have Burke, McKenzie, Thomas, St Clair, Sow, Cameron and Brophy as attacking options, but I'd certainly like to think we'll bring in one or two free agents too.

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Letting Kiltie go out on loan again when those are your other attacking options is certainly bold.

Kiltie's dad was posting on kickback earlier, not very impressed with his sons  treatment by the club, I have a feeling we may have seen Kiltie play his last game for Killie.....

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Whether you like Broadfoot or not are you guy's not alarmed he has come out and criticized your manager  ? 

Not really..... is it not better for KB to come out and say he didn't like AA's management style or tactics and wanted to move on

It's best for all parties as I doubt he would have seen much game time once AA got replacements in......

I wasn't happy when we signed Broadfoot but he played really well for us for the majority of games, he was getting on a bit and there was always that part of his game where he could be a bit dodgy or get sidetracked with little personal battles during games, if he wasn't happy makes sense for all concerned that he moved on.