The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, cass316 said:

The board have well and truly fucked it this window.
The sooner we get a competent chief executive in the better.

Is it much different from your usual summer? Main difference this year is Europe, which came before you were ready, but you've looked reasonably solid since then and the signings, Sow apart,  look decent enough on paper. If the boy St Clair turns out decent (and theres no reason he won't - if Chelsea had their way he'd still be there) then Sow won't be playing very much anyway - cos he's not replacing Brophy. Your loanees are still coming from a good level, you've just swapped a majority of them coming from England for majority of them coming from Italy. I'd also suggest your manager isn't a clueless dick, so I'm pretty sure he knows exactly when and how he'll use Sow before he signed him. Probably against thugs like Berra.

Losing Clarke was always going to mean a step back, it'd have been the same for any club he managed, he's simply that good at what he does. If that step back means you finish 5th instead of 3rd can you really consider it failure for a board that, before Clarke, was running a club constantly tipped for relegation?

4 hours ago, actonsheep said:

If that step back means you finish 5th instead of 3rd can you really consider it failure for a board that, before Clarke, was running a club constantly tipped for relegation?

If Alessio can get this squad to finish as high as 5th he'll get my vote for manager of the season.

I honestly take no pleasure in this clusterfuck of a few months for Killie. I just don’t understand how you can lose about 8 players at the end of the season, another 3 on transfer deadline day and replace them with guff! 

Brophy, Cameron and Sow as strikers and you let Kiltie go on loan? Madness

a positive thing at least is you can still get Dorrans and Mulumbo but you better announce them very soon to at least bring a positive feeling back a bit 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Whatever happened to the two celtic boys coming the other way?

Rumour has it they didn't want to come. Neither of them are that young now and need serious game time but Im guessing would rather wind their contracts down and still be seen as Celtic ‘players’ than be potentially found out sooner.