The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

38 minutes ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

In the guy's interview he says AA has been watching him since December, so at least he doesn't seem to have been plucked out of nothing.

I doubt the manager you have, who you didn't have any intention of hiring until this Summer, was watching a QPR left back as a potential loan signing 9 months ago.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt the manager you have, who you didn't have any intention of hiring until this Summer, was watching a QPR left back as a potential loan signing 9 months ago.

Prove it. 8)

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe not for Kilmarnock, but obviously the guy was wanting to step up to the manager's job somewhere. 

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Oh, for fúck's sake!

a) He's not the AM/F that we need. And

b) We don't need a left back. Unless, of course...

We need cover with Waters loan to St Mirren, perhaps seen as a bit of a utility player as he can play LB, CB, midfield or on the wing. 

Niko mentions in his Killie tv interview, AA first saw him play in December & he has been keeping an eye on him since......

On 18/08/2019 at 20:09, blackislekillie said:
On 17/08/2019 at 19:03, Northfield 53 said:
What had happened to Iain Wilson he is not even on the bench now 
Hope he becomes available on loan. as he was excellent with Queens.
Would take Thomas back as well but don't think he will be available on loan .

Wilson has the potential to be a very good player. Injury set him back otherwise I believe he would be a regular starter, imo. f**k alone knows why Alessio won't play him.

On 18/08/2019 at 20:17, Ludo*1 said:

Because he's looking like a terrible manager?

On 18/08/2019 at 21:00, blackislekillie said:

Yep. Rabbit in the headlights. Not a fucking clue. Job should've gone to Alex Dyer if he wanted it.

20 hours ago, blackislekillie said:
On 19/08/2019 at 00:38, craigkillie said:

Probably the same reason Clarke didn't play him - because Dicker, Power and Mulumbu/El Makrini* are better than him.

That's no criticism of Wilson, but he's trying to break into one of the best central midfield line-ups in the country.

*Based on his pedigree - it's obviously early days in terms of how good he actually is.

Mulumbus gone. El Makrini looks the part but it's early days. I think he will turn out to be a good signing. Dicker has been one of my favourite players for a while and Power was outstanding last year. Him and dicker are getting on a bit and we have a talented replacement for CM in Wilson. He'll be let go though, to be replaced by loan signing no doubt.

4 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

So who out of the 3 would you drop to give Wilson a game every week?

3 hours ago, blackislekillie said:
4 hours ago, Dindeleux said:
So who out of the 3 would you drop to give Wilson a game every week?

I wouldn't drop anyone right away, but with the threadbare squad we have at the moment I wouldn't be telling him to find another club.

0980A256-6F84-4FEE-8BC7-9E5603207CC8.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

In the guy's interview he says AA has been watching him since December, so at least he doesn't seem to have been plucked out of nothing.

I've seen him a few times. First time April last year. He'll do a good job when called on.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Yes we do. We just loaned out Waters.

Yeah, I know. What I meant was that we should be signing players who will be going more or less immediately into the first team - i.e. this season's GS. We need cover at left back, not someone to go straight into the No.3 shirt.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Yeah, I know. What I meant was that we should be signing players who will be going more or less immediately into the first team - i.e. this season's GS. We need cover at left back, not someone to go straight into the No.3 shirt.

The entire career history of Hamalainen suggests he's going to be cover - ie another Aaron Simpson. If we sell Taylor then we'd need to sign another left-back anyway.

I don't think we will sell Taylor this window, come January that could be another matter.

We could always recall Callum Waters at that point who should have gained a fair bit of match time at St Mirren by then.

Edited by C4mmy31

Celtic have contacted Kilmarnock about left-back Greg Taylor and are set to make an opening offer of £1m plus players on loan, with the Ayrshire club valuing the 21-year-old at £3m. (Daily Record)

They can f**k right up for anything less than £3m.  I really hope BB sticks to his guns on this one.  Really insulting that they played hard ball with Arsenal over Tierney but then come in low for Taylor.

I'll be disgusted if we accept anything less than £3m for Greg. I have no doubt that Celtic will behave as they always do, and make the same risible offer 14 times, accompanied by numerous stories in the press from ex-OF numpties about how this is the best offer any young Scottish player could hope for, etc. This season hasn't started off as I'd hoped, to say the least, but I agree with the folk saying that it's too early to panic. Selling one of our best players to one of the only two clubs who finished above us last season may well cause me to join the "bedwetters" though.

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'll be disgusted if we accept anything less than £3m for Greg. I have no doubt that Celtic will behave as they always do, and make the same risible offer 14 times, accompanied by numerous stories in the press from ex-OF numpties about how this is the best offer any young Scottish player could hope for, etc. This season hasn't started off as I'd hoped, to say the least, but I agree with the folk saying that it's too early to panic. Selling one of our best players to one of the only two clubs who finished above us last season may well cause me to join the "bedwetters" though.

Stand Free Firm my Kilmarnock friends

You've named your price, don't sell to the penny pinching Liewell and Co for a penny less.