The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Guest Moomintroll
Greg Taylor rumours seem to be picking up a bit. Do you guys think he could make it at Celtic? Said on here I rated him more than O’Donnell but to be honest think I he would be best staying at Killie till the end of the year anyway.
I don't think it will happen due to our frankly mental decision to loan Calum Waters out, however he could do a job & from what I have seen, from an admittedly limited sample, he is a better defender than Bolingoli while being his equal in attacking terms. I think that playing alongside better players would raise his game up to an even better level.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
14 minutes ago, gannonball said:
Greg Taylor rumours seem to be picking up a bit. Do you guys think he could make it at Celtic? Said on here I rated him more than O’Donnell but to be honest think I he would be best staying at Killie till the end of the year anyway.

I don't think it will happen due to our frankly mental decision to loan Calum Waters out, however he could do a job & from what I have seen, from an admittedly limited sample, he is a better defender than Bolingoli while being his equal in attacking terms. I think that playing alongside better players would raise his game up to an even better level.

My gran is a better defender than Bolingoli, and she died in 2007.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah it’s not as if we can chuck a left back your way either unless you want Calvin Miller (you don't).  Guy I know is claiming its happening before the Hearts game (24th) which is a bit random unless Kilmarnock are saying they need time to line up his replacement. 

Guest Moomintroll
Yeah it’s not as if we can chuck a left back your way either unless you want Calvin Miller (you don't).  Guy I know is claiming its happening before the Hearts game (24th) which is a bit random unless Kilmarnock are saying they need time to line up his replacement. 
We would need a replacement for GT & a back up as well, as right now our back up plan appears to be Stuart Findlay filling in at LB which weakens us at CH. You are correct, we do not want Calvin Miller.

30 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
35 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We would need a replacement for GT & a back up as well, as right now our back up plan appears to be Stuart Findlay filling in at LB which weakens us at CH. You are correct, we do not want Calvin Miller.

Calvin Miller is a good player. He just needs to be played in the right position.

7 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Calvin Miller is a good player. He just needs to be played in the right position.

Your probably right about that. I think we tried to pigeon hole him as a left back since we only had one left back at the club for years. He has no chance really of breaking getting a game on the wing or up front though so would be best moving on.

1 hour ago, kennysmassiveego said:

I can see AA letting Taylor go to Celtic if he wants to play 3 at the back .

Greg is a good right back who could be very good/great in the future but I don’t rate him highly as a wing back which he might have to play at Killie .

Right back?

For me, Taylor is the best youth product we've produced since Naismith, and I have no doubts that he's more than capable of playing at a higher level.

I hope the club value him as such - don't see any reason why we shouldn't be looking for upwards of £2m this window given that there's no rush to sell.

Hello Kilmarnock fans.

No news to bring you, can’t wait till the close season is over and we get the usual rush of signings, rumours and scandal before the season kicks off in August.

I have more excitement at present polishing my clocks than anticipating how Killie will perform, but now is not the time for faint hearts so I do apologise. The  underlying negativity by our normally outstanding support has indeed shocked me. Youngsters probably with no backbone who are more content with jumping on and off bandwagons need to support no matter what.  

Manager Angelo Alessio says Kilmarnock have no plans to sell Greg Taylor or fellow full-back Stephen O'Donnell this month.

Taylor, 21, has been linked with Celtic, and a £500,000 offer from Nurnberg was rejected in July.

O'Donnell, 27, is entering the final year of his contract and has report reject a new deal.

"I don't think either of these players can go to another team in this window," said Alessio.

"I want to keep the best players in our team, like Greg Taylor and Stephen O'Donnell. All I've read are rumours."

Rather than losing players, Alessio is confident of adding to the Kilmarnock squad, saying he is hopeful of making new signings on Monday. 

"At the moment we're having some conversations," said the Italian. "It's difficult to bring in the right players because a lot of clubs and agents are offering players but we don't want to make a mistake. 

"We need to bring in other players up front but this market is very difficult because other teams want the same player." 

After a shock defeat by Connah's Quay Nomads in Europa League qualifying, Kilmarnock have lost their first two league matches.

The Ayrshire side, who finished third last season under now-Scotland manager Steve Clarke, host Hamilton Academical in the League Cup on Saturday looking to avenge last weekend's league loss in South Lanarkshire.

"I'm optimistic the first win will come soon because I see the team playing good football with fluency, creating plenty of chances," said Alessio. "But, at the same time, we're being punished for every defensive error at the moment.

"It's been tough but I'm enjoying the challenge. It's different; a different country; different football but I think it's important for me to give my team a good understanding of what I want to bring. 

"We need to give more; we need to do better. We run a lot, we work hard on the pitch but at the end of the game we have no points."