The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Your team lost to the Welsh.

No amount of Sevcoing will ever change that.

No you have it wrong mate.

Your team died. The only thing that would match that would be my team dying.

The club humiliated in Europe on Thursday was the same one who played in Europe 20 odd years ago. 

35 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

No you have it wrong mate.

Your team died. The only thing that would match that would be my team dying.

The club humiliated in Europe on Thursday was the same one who played in Europe 20 odd years ago. 

The Welsh, the Welsh......

21 hours ago, derbydan said:

The reaction to last nights game is completely ott.

Killie had all the possession and a good few chances just didnt take them!  Played OK first half second half lost their way a bit.  Nomads were lucky,took their chances and played their usual style.  They did make it to the challenge cup final so are no strangers to scottish football.

Killie will recover and progress,last night was just one of these"how did that happen" moments.

I'm reserving judgement till around end of August, once AA has made a few signings, if the performances dont improve, that's when I'll push the panic button......

9 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Difference is Killie's squad is pretty much the same from last season so we know what the players are capable of.

Well if you count 13 players left & only 3 signed as pretty much the same from last season..... batter on mate 

Well if you count 13 players left & only 3 signed as pretty much the same from last season..... batter on mate 

Never worry. You’ve a top, top European coach who will unearth diamonds from all points of the compass. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

36 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

With the exception of Bachmann and Mulumbu, none of the guys who left were first team regulars in the last few months of the season. Millar, McAleny, Tshibola and Kris Boyd were fringe players. Struggling to think who else would make it up to 13 - Ndjoli, Jones and Scott Boyd are the only other first teamers I can think of who left in the summer.

The team that stunk the place out on Thursday night were all regulars last season with the exception of MacDonald and El Makrini.

With the exception of Bachmann and Mulumbu, none of the guys who left were first team regulars in the last few months of the season. Millar, McAleny, Tshibola and Kris Boyd were fringe players. Struggling to think who else would make it up to 13 - Ndjoli, Jones and Scott Boyd are the only other first teamers I can think of who left in the summer.
The team that stunk the place out on Thursday night were all regulars last season with the exception of MacDonald and El Makrini.
Craig made the point better than me [emoji23] as usual. Fair enough, same core of the squad and staring line ups are still here, they done well last season but struggled under McCulloch previously.

We appear to have 12th place wrapped up just now anyway so not to worry!

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more the code to join the league is:

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

On 21/07/2019 at 17:02, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

footballscotland source Alessio need sign three striker, creative midfielder, left winger and possibly another centre-back at the least and with fans getting anxious  he need get some new face in the door soon

Big Kyle's looking for a new team.....

It has to be said, aside from a short, vague paragraph from Cathy Jamieson, the output from the club over the close season has been dreadful.  The new season is so close and our squad is severely lacking in depth, no friendlies have been organised and the social media output has been reduced to a meaningless trickle.

As a priority, the club needs players in pronto.  I agree with those who say we shouldn't be panic buying, but Alessio's been in for over a month now - if Brophy goes to Cardiff, our strikeforce will consist of Innes Cameron.

Get your fucking finger out, Kilmarnock.

Maybe we’re just lulling every other team into a sense of false security ....aye that Killie are a right basket case right now , they’re sh! te .its already got Benny moist I see  :) 

It’s OK folks it’s all part of AA’s master plan copied from Craig Levein’s 2018 campaign , in reverse , sh!te for the 1st third then comes good thereafter. 

So I don’t want to see anymore of you panic monkeys posting doom laden nonsense 

Its all under control 

Honest 

Fingers crossed 

Hopefully 

To make an understatement, the past week has not been great. As others have said (and delighted in saying) all the positive work that had been done has been obliterated within one half of football. With one or two exceptions the team that have been much greater than the sum of their parts looked like dreadful relegation fodder. The radio silence from the club has been deafening too which doesn't make things any better either. The thing that gets me most is the assistant from last year is there - why not ask him about what happened last year, how the tactics worked and how they trained? The writing is already on the wall for the manager - if you're having to apologise to fans after your second game, you're on a hiding to nothing.

It's been good having a good team over the past 20 months or so, and the highs have been unbelievably good. Yeah, sometimes you can go over the top a bit when you're on a big high but anyone who says they wouldn't is kidding themselves. All but the most fervent of Killie fans would have known that things wouldn't have been rosy forever, but the manner in which it happened is like being hit with a sledgehammer - we all thought it would come gradually but instead this is how the wave of positivity seems to have came to an end. I'll end as I started, with an understatement, and say that I'm not looking forward to the first game of the season now. If we don't miraculously sort things out then it's going to be a very long and hard season.