The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

2 hours ago, Killie3Ayr1 said:

I'm not so sure, that might be a smokescreen statement. Although Craig has plenty of playing experience and coaching experience, perhaps Alex Dyer staying as the number 2 adds the experience.  I just find it strange the bookies have him at 10/1, with no real connection being mentioned until now. 

Craig, as grateful as I am for that wondergoal you scored for us, I am afraid there is no suitable vacancy available for you at the moment.

Edited by killiekranky

2 hours ago, Killie3Ayr1 said:

Hi Guys,

I've just heard a crazy rumour that former striker Craig Dargo is in the running for the Killie job. Craig has been gaining his coaching badges and  working with youths at Dunfermline and A*r taking Dunfermline to the Youth Cup final a few years ago. He is also sudden been put onto Sky Bet at 10/1.

No Craig, I'm sorry but Sir William of Stewarton has his eye on experience.......

Kilmarnock want a "highly-experienced" manager to replace Steve Clarke and will draw up a shortlist by the end of the week, says owner Billy Bowie.

The Rugby Park board will convene on Thursday to sift through the candidates and set up two days of interviews.

Clarke left the Scottish Premiership club last week for the Scotland job.

Bowie said Clarke will be "a very hard act to follow" but that he has been "very encouraged" by the calibre of those applying.

However, he added that the candidates who have already made themselves known are of "a very good level" and are "from all over".

Alex Dyer will stay on as assistant manager role, while also helping Clarke with Scotland.

Kilmarnock want a "highly-experienced" manager to replace Steve Clarke and will draw up a shortlist by the end of the week, says owner Billy Bowie.

The Rugby Park board will convene on Thursday to sift through the candidates and set up two days of interviews.

Bowie said Clarke will be "a very hard act to follow" but that he has been "very encouraged" by the calibre of those applying.

However, he added that the candidates who have already made themselves known are of "a very good level" and are "from all over".

Alex Dyer will stay on as assistant manager role, while also helping Clarke with Scotland.

4 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

No Craig, I'm sorry but Sir William of Stewarton has his eye on experience.......

Kilmarnock want a "highly-experienced" manager to replace Steve Clarke and will draw up a shortlist by the end of the week, says owner Billy Bowie.

Bowie said Clarke will be "a very hard act to follow" but that he has been "very encouraged" by the calibre of those applying.

Alex Dyer will stay on as assistant manager role, while also helping Clarke with Scotland.

they need a uefa pro license for a start, given there's a euro campaign start in just over a month or so.  I hope 'highly-experienced' means of europe competition, so to rule out some of the terrible choices on low odds.

Rudi Garcia left Marsielle on the 22nd, he resigned so no comp one assumes, so looking for a gig and has experience. and bonus he's not one of the many mediocre choices the beeb would have foisted on us. I'm sure Billy will choose wisely.

Kilmarnock have drawn up a shortlist of six candidates for the vacant manager's position and will begin interviews next week as they look to appoint a successor to Steve Clarke, STV has learned.

Clarke left after the final league game of the season to take up the role of Scotland boss, leaving the club with the job of replacing a manager who had secured a record points total in the top flight and taken the club into Europe for the first time in 18 years.

Kilmarnock held a board meeting on Thursday specifically to move their search forward. 

Major shareholder Billy Bowie, Phyliss McLeish and Cathy Jamieson considered over 60 applications, which they have now whittled down to six names.

The club are keen to appoint an experienced manager with a substantial track record.

Interviews will start next week with the club not hurried but aware of the short timescale before their return to action.

Players will report for pre-season training on June 20 with Kilmarnock's first Europa League qualifier scheduled for July 11.

On 01/06/2019 at 09:12, killiekranky said:

Chris Coleman

Gus Poyet

Roberto Di Matteo

Arsene Wenger

Steve Cotterill

Sandy Clark

treating your list seriously for a moment because in a vacuum of info, wth, Coleman would be interesting but lacks european experience really. Gus is, I'm sure great, deserving of a proper crack of the whip and I'd be fine with it. but again, limited actual success/experience managing in europe. RDM other than winning the champions league and that one decent season at chelsea what's he done? no seriously I don't know. Wenger. we can't afford him surely? but ticks every other box, he'd want money to spend though. Cotterill. no thanks. Clark. got to interview someone scottish to keep chic young and his fellow MSM happy I suppose.

really not enjoying this vacuum of credible information

3 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Is that your new playing surface then ?

Nope, the old one has only just been fully lifted at the end of last week, they still need to install the watering & computerised monitoring system before the new one goes back down......

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Nope, the old one has only just been fully lifted at the end of last week, they still need to install the watering & computerised monitoring system before the new one goes back down......

And the trap doors.