The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Tommy Wright's a great manager.  However, I'd be concerned that were he ever to leave McDiarmid Park it'd be like if the ravens left the Tower of London and the kingdom would fall.

25 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Frizzell has signed a new 1 year contract....

Didn't see that coming tbh, hopefully he can stay injury/tonsillitis free and make the most of it.

I'm just surprised his brother hasn't tweeted his congratulations, thought that was kinda his thing...

Quite surprised about Frizzell staying for another season. I have been a fan of his for a while, but any time he seems to kick on or show some sort of form, he either gets injured or better players seem to also be in some sort of form and keep him out. Hopefully, much like what McKenzie has shown in the last couple of months, he can get his Killie career back going. 

Guest Moomintroll
Quite surprised about Frizzell staying for another season. I have been a fan of his for a while, but any time he seems to kick on or show some sort of form, he either gets injured or better players seem to also be in some sort of form and keep him out. Hopefully, much like what McKenzie has shown in the last couple of months, he can get his Killie career back going. 
Think Adam is one of those players who will be on relatively low wages & the club will be happy to speculate on him getting it all together & realising his undoubted potential & talent. It will be make or break for him next season.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Didn't see that coming tbh, hopefully he can stay injury/tonsillitis free and make the most of it.

I'm just surprised his brother hasn't tweeted his congratulations, thought that was kinda his thing...

His brother is probably too busy enjoying some staunch chat with JJ.

The club can provide the following update on the futures of several Reserve Team players.

Promising young goalkeeper Curtis Lyle has signed a new two-year contract at Rugby Park after impressing for Andy Millen’s team this season.

Luke Barlow, Ewan McLevy and Oliver McDonald have also extended their contracts until May 2020.

We can also announce that Daniel Higgins, Daniel Scally and Ross Miller will leave the club following the expiration of their contracts.

Everyone at Kilmarnock FC would like to thank all the players for their effort and commitment and we wish them all the very best for the future.

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

The club can provide the following update on the futures of several Reserve Team players.

Promising young goalkeeper Curtis Lyle has signed a new two-year contract at Rugby Park after impressing for Andy Millen’s team this season.

Luke Barlow, Ewan McLevy and Oliver McDonald have also extended their contracts until May 2020.

We can also announce that Daniel Higgins, Daniel Scally and Ross Miller will leave the club following the expiration of their contracts.

Everyone at Kilmarnock FC would like to thank all the players for their effort and commitment and we wish them all the very best for the future.

Where Jack Paterson and Devlin MacKay?

Edited by Craig McCulloch Burley

:lol: :lol: :lol:.........

IAN McCALL has made a cheeky bid to lure Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd to arch rivals Ayr United.
The 35-year-old striker has hinted he could be prepared to leave Rugby Park for regular first team football after a lack of games last season. And that had alerted McCall who is searching for a replacement for Lawrence Shankland, who is leaving after scoring 63 goals in two seasons.

But the move to tempt Boyd, who lives in Ayr, looks unlikely to get off the ground.

Somerset boss McCall revealed: “I phoned Boyd as I thought he would be ideal for our young kids.

“But the first thing he said was: are you trying to get both of us killed?”

Boyd is taking some time before making a decision over next season
Boyd is out of contract at Killie in the summer but the club have told him they want him to stick around next season.

But in his SunSport column this morning, the veteran hitman admitted he’s going to take some time to think things over before making a decision on his future.

He said: “Part of me thinks it is time to hang up my boots and retire.

“But another part of me wants to keep playing as long as I possibly can.

“Truth be told, I’m still not sure what I want to do next season, so I’m going to take some time to think things through with a clear mind.

“Kilmarnock have said they want me to stay another season. I have also had other managers on the phone for a few weeks now.

“Then there’s my TV and media work, along with my Foundation and youth academy which means a great deal to me.

“There’s a lot for me to think about and I don’t want to rush into anything. But decision time is coming.

McCall hopes Celtic will loan back keeper Ross Doohan for a second season after the youngster was a huge hit with 20 clean sheets, only one short of the Ayr club record.

And he is desperate to keep star midfielder Robbie Crawford despite offers from two Premier League teams and one English club.

Edited by C4mmy31

Kilmarnock duo Eamonn Brophy and Greg Taylor, both uncapped at senior level, will be called up by new Scotland head coach Steve Clarke on Tuesday. (Sun)

And uncapped Killie defender Stuart Findlay will also be in the national squad. (Daily Record & Daily Mail print editions)

Hi Guys,

I've just heard a crazy rumour that former striker Craig Dargo is in the running for the Killie job. Craig has been gaining his coaching badges and  working with youths at Dunfermline and A*r taking Dunfermline to the Youth Cup final a few years ago. He is also sudden been put onto Sky Bet at 10/1.

Hi Guys,

I've just heard a crazy rumour that former striker Craig Dargo is in the running for the Killie job. Craig has been gaining his coaching badges and  working with youths at Dunfermline and A*r taking Dunfermline to the Youth Cup final a few years ago. He is also sudden been put onto Sky Bet at 10/1.
Na, Bowie just wrote a piece about experience being required before committing to interviews later this week.

3 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:
5 minutes ago, Killie3Ayr1 said:
Hi Guys,

Na, Bowie just wrote a piece about experience being required before committing to interviews later this week.

I'm not so sure, that might be a smokescreen statement. Although Craig has plenty of playing experience and coaching experience, perhaps Alex Dyer staying as the number 2 adds the experience.  I just find it strange the bookies have him at 10/1, with no real connection being mentioned until now. 

16 minutes ago, Killie3Ayr1 said:

I'm not so sure, that might be a smokescreen statement. Although Craig has plenty of playing experience and coaching experience, perhaps Alex Dyer staying as the number 2 adds the experience.  I just find it strange the bookies have him at 10/1, with no real connection being mentioned until now. 

Sorry Craig, it's not happening.