The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Problem is it’s Steve and Alex Bruce you need to be telling that and not me[emoji23]

It also completely slipped my mind that he was at Newcastle a couple of seasons back. Any reasons why he left or did he just not make the grade and wanted to come back to Scotland?

He was on loan at us from Celtic a few years ago and was fairly poor, so it was a bit of a surprise when he got the move to Newcastle in the first place. I don't think he really made it there, but he has been fantastic since he came back here. Suspect he'll be off somewhere before the end of the summer.

He was on loan at us from Celtic a few years ago and was fairly poor, so it was a bit of a surprise when he got the move to Newcastle in the first place. I don't think he really made it there, but he has been fantastic since he came back here. Suspect he'll be off somewhere before the end of the summer.

He still gives me the fear on the ball a bit, fantastic defender though, what do you think we'd get for him £1.5-2m?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

It’s no surprise he came onto a game once SSC got his hands on him , Steve Bruce should be able to recognise a good defender tbf .

£1m and keeping Bruce would be a decent deal 

ps I know the 2 aren’t linked ;) 

Edited by kennysmassiveego
Pedantic

3 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

He still gives me the fear on the ball a bit, fantastic defender though, what do you think we'd get for him £1.5-2m?

With the likes of Souttar being valued at £2m+ and Mckenna's crazy £10m price tag, £1.5m for Findlay would be a steal. 

7 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

It's hard to know with defenders now. I like McKenna, but the figures being flung about regarding him were wild. The problem with Findlay is that some English clubs might look at his failure to make it at Newcastle and might be less willing to chuck a big fee our way. Would certainly be hoping for seven figures though (or six if you're Steven Gerrard).

Aye it's a weird one, would anyone really pay what Aberdeen are asking for McKenna? I doubt it. I think if we're ever going to be a club that can command big sums for players it needs to start now. I'd be asking for £2.5m but take £2m. Just now, if he chose to sign on, we'd more than have an adequate new first choice CB in Bruce

9 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

With the likes of Souttar being valued at £2m+ and Mckenna's crazy £10m price tag, £1.5m for Findlay would be a steal. 

What's wrong with those price tags? Players of the same quality would be worth much more if they played in League One in England.

3 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

Aye it's a weird one, would anyone really pay what Aberdeen are asking for McKenna? I doubt it. I think if we're ever going to be a club that can command big sums for players it needs to start now. I'd be asking for £2.5m but take £2m. Just now, if he chose to sign on, we'd more than have an adequate new first choice CB in Bruce

I like McKenna but I don't think even his maw thinks hes worth the figures being claimed. I don't see much difference ability wise between him, Findlay and Souttar tbh albeit they are all slightly different defenders.

Just now, killiepiemuncher said:

Scottish defenders playing in Scotland are seriously undervalued compared to lower division English ones. Make a stand people. Although £10M for McKenna is taking the piss.

£10m would be over paying for McKenna's current ability but a £10m asking price isn't really the price we're going to let him go for. We're making sure we don't sell ourselves short.

I like McKenna but I don't think even his maw thinks hes worth the figures being claimed. I don't see much difference ability wise between him, Findlay and Souttar tbh albeit they are all slightly different defenders.

I think McKenna and Findlay are pretty similar, the difference being the club's they play for I think. I know it's a bit simplistic to look at goals conceded but you could arguably say Findlay has been the better defender this year with killie conceding 13 less goals than aberdeen, yet mckenna is the one everyone apparently wants and are branding about massive price tags for. I really haven't seen any real interest in Findlay yet which is good for us obviously but also quite odd. 

6 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

I think McKenna and Findlay are pretty similar, the difference being the club's they play for I think. I know it's a bit simplistic to look at goals conceded but you could arguably say Findlay has been the better defender this year with killie conceding 13 less goals than aberdeen, yet mckenna is the one everyone apparently wants and are branding about massive price tags for. I really haven't seen any real interest in Findlay yet which is good for us obviously but also quite odd. 

McKenna has been both injured and suspended and we've also not had a settled back four for much of the season. Killie have been far more solid as a unit than we have.

McKenna always looks in a bit of a panic for me, and gives away an awful lot very cheaply.  He's an absolute monster though, and I do think that Aberdeen can command a higher transfer fee than we can regardless of quality, because of a great financial backing.

Genuinely, I'd be surprised if we were to get in excess of a million for anyone in the squad right now.

McKenna has been both injured and suspended and we've also not had a settled back four for much of the season. Killie have been far more solid as a unit than we have.

Findlay has been out with a head injury a few times this season, McKenna has played 30 Findlay 31, also broadfoot has been missing several times with injuries and suspensions (27 played) compared to your other CB considine (33 matches) and Scott Boyd was was our center back for a good period before he too got injured. Agree about us being more solid as a unit which is why I said it's a bit simplistic to just look at goals conceded but we've had more than our fair share of problems with injuries and suspensions which people seem to forget

Guest Moomintroll

There was some unconfirmed reports that Findlay had signed for Brighton for £1.1 Million a few weeks ago, family source but unsure if Hughton getting sacked will change that.

There was some unconfirmed reports that Findlay had signed for Brighton for £1.1 Million a few weeks ago, family source but unsure if Hughton getting sacked will change that.
Tbf I've also heard reports Clarke turned down the Scotland job, Alex dyer is leaving, Moyes was offered the killie job and despite being a favourite for the Celtic job was waiting for the Brighton post which was filled the next day. Some bizzare people make up utter shite

40 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Of course McKenna isn't worth the higher end figures that are/were being touted about. However, if any club is willing to pay stupid money for him Aberdeen aren't going to say "some fans don't think he's worth this amount, so we'll accept a smaller bid".

Guest Moomintroll
Tbf I've also heard reports Clarke turned down the Scotland job, Alex dyer is leaving, Moyes was offered the killie job and despite being a favourite for the Celtic job was waiting for the Brighton post which was filled the next day. Some bizzare people make up utter shite
I know, but, as I said this was a family source. Hope that Hughton getting emptied has changed it.