The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

12 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Congratulations you manky f***ers. Absolutely tremendous achievement. Rivalry aside, hope you get a good draw in the Qualifier..*

Reveal hidden contents

*And get pumped of course.

Thank you sincerely you bicycle pumper, really wanted you's to come through the play offs.

This is how sporting rivalry should work  :wub:

2 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Heard a batshit crazy rumour today. One I can't really believe but would certainly be interesting:

Pardew for Killie Manager

Why would he take it when he can earn more cash in English league 2 and 1?

And probably has another championship gig left in him or a rescue  for a struggling relegation threatened EPL team?

Would be good though to keep it entertaining but canny see it ever happening unless he does really want to Rangers gig and uses them as a stepping stone

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

36 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

It's not.  Billy Bowie and the other directors (Killie & White) at the time hired McCulloch.

It wasn't like they went and sought him out the way they would be with a McCoist though. He was already at the club, was well respected as a coach and had done a decent job as caretaker. I don't think I really wanted him at the time, but it didn't seem like a terrible appointment.

If we want to draw parallels with McCulloch, we're probably talking about Alex Dyer rather than Ally McCoist.

2 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Heard a batshit crazy rumour today. One I can't really believe but would certainly be interesting:

Pardew for Killie Manager

^^^voices in my head type post^^^

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It wasn't like they went and sought him out the way they would be with a McCoist though. He was already at the club, was well respected as a coach and had done a decent job as caretaker. I don't think I really wanted him at the time, but it didn't seem like a terrible appointment.

If we want to draw parallels with McCulloch, we're probably talking about Alex Dyer rather than Ally McCoist.

Yeah, probably I should have said appointed rather than hired as he was already there.

To me he seems someone happier in a coaching role rather than the manager's role.  

Edited by paul wright scores

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Great achievement by Kilmarnock in finishing third. Steve Clarke really has been a revelation.

We desperately need managers to stand upto the OF, and Clarke is one of the few who has done that.

Super achievement on and off the park by Killie a well deserved 3rd place. More importantly SC’s stance regarding the OF was and is an absolute breath of fresh air as was his stance re sectarianism.

Can understand Killie fans being absolutely gutted if he takes the Scotland job, however it’s the SFA we’re talking about here and we all know they are partial to the odd monumental f**k up so SC might not leave after all.