The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

3 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

His Hibs team last season were excellent and very good to watch.

He'd be a mammoth downgrade on Clarke. You'd have him inevitably falling out with half the squad and breaking down mentally after 15 months aswell.

Hoping that Kilmarnock can keep up the excellent work Clarke has done.

I really hope that whoever it is isn't one of the usual types who shites it and shows 'respect' to Sevco and Celtic. Clarke has shown that those clubs are just names and nothing to be feared. Aye, he's lost to them, but not before the game has even begun, like so many Scottish managers.

Hoping that Kilmarnock can keep up the excellent work Clarke has done.

I really hope that whoever it is isn't one of the usual types who shites it and shows 'respect' to Sevco and Celtic. Clarke has shown that those clubs are just names and nothing to be feared. Aye, he's lost to them, but not before the game has even begun, like so many Scottish managers.

In SSCs time, we've also handed out some well deserved beatings, not just the lucky breaks we were used to occasionally getting. What he's achieved, with Billy Bowies backing and full support, has been awesome. If he does go he'll go, like TB, as someone it's been an absolute privilege to have at Rugby Park. A true gent and, as evidenced by his transformation of the Wolf [emoji191], a he'll of a man-manager.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I wanted Killie to finish third mainly because I thought Clarke would have made a better fist of Europe than McInnes would but looks like he wont be leading them. Would Killie fans be happy with Dyer taking over maybe?

The problem is, it's hard to imagine being happy with whoever replaces him.  I've been a Killie fan for almost 40 years, and in that time we've never had a manager anywhere near as good as SSC.  I don't think we ever will in my lifetime either.  I don't see any manager being able to keep us at the level achieved this season.  There is a multi-page thread about the next manager on the Killie forum though, the post that got the best reaction was the one by a guy suggesting a Barry Ferguson and Bob Malcolm dream team.

It's for another day though - today was absolutely fucking brilliant. Beating that lot with a last-minute penalty to achieve our best league position since 1966; stuff that diddy team dreams are made of. Wish I could've been there.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Congratulations to Killie. 

Deserved 3rd place far more than a generally misfiring Aberdeen. Good luck in Europe. 

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

You c***s won me £300. Watched all of the celebrations and Steve Clarke’s speech. Bunch of sound c***s. Well done this season.

Is there anyone who hasn't won money today?

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'd be a mammoth downgrade on Clarke. You'd have him inevitably falling out with half the squad and breaking down mentally after 15 months aswell.

You are probably correct.  TBH I would not want him at all, but I think he is a reasonable coach, hence my comment.