The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

On what basis?  Is he tactically astute like Clarke is?
I think we have to undertake a proper selection and interview process to get the best person available, not rely on sentiment, as we could end up with another Gary Locke scenario.  
I am clinging to the hope he's stringing the SFA along and is going to tell them to 'xxxx off" on Monday morning.   Sadly I don't believe this will be the case and he will be gone by Tuesday. 
Hopefully he finishes with a win against the Orcs tomorrow and reels in Gerrard again. 

On the basis of continuity of success. Until he failed I think he would be the sensible appointment. Also, a new manager is going to struggle as the players have been coached to a level above their ability.
Dyer has the respect needed to influence the players.

In my opinion.

14 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

On the basis of continuity of success. Until he failed I think he would be the sensible appointment. Also, a new manager is going to struggle as the players have been coached to a level above their ability.

In my opinion.

Fair enough - we'll agree to differ.

23 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

In my opinion.

We could still have continuity, a la Clarke at Chelsea, without necessarily appointing AD as manager.......

6 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Hope you are correct.   

The SFA have acted with no respect for us in this matter when you consider the importance of tomorrow's match

Have you read Baz's comments on the Killie forum?

3rd or 4th place makes little difference, hearts aren't beating them in the final.

Besides I've a sneaky wee feeling that Killie will win tomorrow....

David Moyes for me

Another experienced manager that had success in England and then fell away and be hungry for re-establishing his reputation

no thanks to any current manager in Scotland or the usual suspects as will be trotted out by lazy media

Edited by flood

David Moyes for me

Another experienced manager that had success in England and then fell away and be hungry for re-establishing his reputation

no thanks to any current manager in Scotland or the usual suspects as will be trotted out by lazy media

yes please

Moyes won't come to a team of our size. We need to be realistic here. However, I nearly chuck the radio through the window when Off the Ball were talking about Danny Lennon or Jim Goodwin for the job. f**k right off. Sportsound is going to be painful listening in the coming weeks as they try to get their mates the job.

Hope you are correct.   
The SFA have acted with no respect for us in this matter when you consider the importance of tomorrow's match
There's a Scotland game in about 2 weeks and they need to name a squad this week, so they're not in a position to be sitting twiddling their thumbs and waiting for the club season to finish.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
8 hours ago, paul wright scores said:
Hope you are correct.   

There's a Scotland game in about 2 weeks and they need to name a squad this week, so they're not in a position to be sitting twiddling their thumbs and waiting for the club season to finish.

I'm well aware of the Scotland game  coming upas I have a ticket for it,  but they should have shown us respect to let Clarke prepare properly for tomorrow. 

20 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

Moyes won't come to a team of our size. We need to be realistic here. However, I nearly chuck the radio through the window when Off the Ball were talking about Danny Lennon or Jim Goodwin for the job. f**k right off. Sportsound is going to be painful listening in the coming weeks as they try to get their mates the job.

Lots would have said same thing before Clarke joined us

we have shown with a steady and supportive board what we can provide to a decent manager.

Would be a window for him to get back in spotlight.