The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

50 minutes ago, cass316 said:
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:
Don't think he's ever been shorter than 4/11 at PP though.
They pulled the book the other night when Skybet went to 1/10.

I got Gemmill at 7s yesterday so there's money coming in for him.

Surely, surely, even this lot of beaks can't give it to Scot Gemmill ffs. 

43 minutes ago, Dele said:

When did "The Blazers" rebrand as "The Beaks"? Latter sounds like it might well have been a mid-2000s indie band. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

They have. McInnes feels it's too early, Clarke doesnt feel like it's the right career move. Only other name on the shortlist was Gemmill.

Just now, cass316 said:

Heard from a few different guys that Clarke has knocked it back.

There are plenty posts the same on various social media...... let's just wait n see 

Alex dyer;

“It’s a hard one to turn down, its huge. We will leave it to the gaffer, whatever will be will be. It would be hard for him to leave Kilmarnock, he’s had two great seasons. We have been blessed to have a good squad. What he’s achieved is unbelievable.”

“Whatever happens I am at Kilmarnock, I love it here. I want to be here.”

Ah well, cheerio Sir Steve.  It's been glorious.  Hope Lord Dyer gets the gig.

SC just been named Ladbrokes SPFL manager of the season.....

IMG_20190517_153254.thumb.jpg.f311041348d2cd6118d5aa8df177a548.jpg

For those in any doubt the guy to the right is not our dietitian/lifestyle coach :P

Edited by C4mmy31

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4256642/steve-clarke-scotland-manager-sfa/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1558128695

Even though it's the Sun, can't see them publishing that without a good source. Any unbiased fan can say he's worked wonders for Killie and transformed the feelings of folk attending Rugby Pugby from fears of relegation into joys of potential European outings next season. Hope he translates these skills to the unenviable task of making Scotland not shite.

Question is, who takes over and attempts continue what Clarke started? Should Alex Dyer be given a shot, or should someone else come in instead?

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4256642/steve-clarke-scotland-manager-sfa/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1558128695

Even though it's the Sun, can't see them publishing that without a good source. Any unbiased fan can say he's worked wonders for Killie and transformed the feelings of folk attending Rugby Pugby from fears of relegation into joys of potential European outings next season. Hope he translates these skills to the unenviable task of making Scotland not shite.

Question is, who takes over and attempts continue what Clarke started? Should Alex Dyer be given a shot, or should someone else come in instead?

Much like Billy Brown I suspect Alex Dyer is a great no 2 , the soft touch when compared to the hard manager , to go from one of the boys to the boss is very difficult see Brown , McCoist , McCulloch etc etc 

Im sure Billy Bowie will ask the right questions of SSC re his successor 

12 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Alex Dyer all day long

On what basis?  Is he tactically astute like Clarke is?

I think we have to undertake a proper selection and interview process to get the best person available, not rely on sentiment, as we could end up with another Gary Locke scenario.  

I am clinging to the hope he's stringing the SFA along and is going to tell them to 'xxxx off" on Monday morning.   Sadly I don't believe this will be the case and he will be gone by Tuesday. 

Hopefully he finishes with a win against the Orcs tomorrow and reels in Gerrard again.