The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Serious heid on for a change......

Regardless of SC's decision I'm sure there will be no shortage of folks all over our thread like a rash.

Let's see what he decides first before having him in the Scotland job based on a few quid stuck on at the bookies, or not, based on personal opinion of the SFA.

There's tomorrow's disciplinary hearing at Hampden to be dealt with first, how that plays out may sway his mind one way or another......

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

image.png.1edb4f235aac5ba26fa13da372bef254.png

Odds sink to 1/10 for Clarke to be next Scotland manager. Looks like it's all she wrote. Who's next to try and succeed his impeccable record?

The odds have been all over the shop.

Was virtually confirmed its between Clarke and Gemmill yesterday, wonder why everyone us firing money on Clarke...

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

image.png.1edb4f235aac5ba26fa13da372bef254.png

Odds sink to 1/10 for Clarke to be next Scotland manager. Looks like it's all she wrote. Who's next to try and succeed his impeccable record?

Michael O'Neill was 1/12 to be Scotland boss.

Larsson was 1/10 to be Celtic boss.

Clarke may well be Scotland boss ( I hope not) but bookies regularly are clueless and just react to folk betting on rumours.

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Clarke may well be Scotland boss ( I hope not) but bookies regularly are clueless and just react to folk betting on rumours.

This. I lost money last summer after Robbie Neilson was a 100% stick-on to be St Mirren boss. 

I think they should leave Clarke alone. There's no need to f**k over a club's progress for the sake of an utterly poisoned chalice of a job.

Plus, I really can't see the appeal of taking it, if you're Clarke (maybe aside from the money). He's doing an amazing job, turning Killie into a force, and the Scotland job will always come round again in 18-24 months. Or 18-24 months after that. He could take it then.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think they should leave Clarke alone. There's no need to f**k over a club's progress for the sake of an utterly poisoned chalice of a job.

Whilst you may have a point, Scotland really are fucked if this was the thought process of the SFA.

Guest Moomintroll
This. I lost money last summer after Robbie Neilson was a 100% stick-on to be St Mirren boss. 
Plus, I really can't see the appeal of taking it, if you're Clarke (maybe aside from the money). He's doing an amazing job, turning Killie into a force, and the Scotland job will always come round again in 18-24 months. Or 18-24 months after that. He could take it then.
I like the cut of your jib.

This would be daft on the SFA's part. They could leave Clarke and then in about two weeks time he could piss off to Barnsley or Hull or some other bunch of English jobbers.

This is the most important appointment for the SFA in decades, they absolutely have to get the right guy to get us through to these Euros. It would be devastating financially for them if we don't.

Guest Moomintroll

This would be daft on the SFA's part. They could leave Clarke and then in about two weeks time he could piss off to Barnsley or Hull or some other bunch of English jobbers.

This is the most important appointment for the SFA in decades, they absolutely have to get the right guy to get us through to these Euros. It would be devastating financially for them if we don't.
Stop encouraging them craig min! As I have said previously though it makes perfect sense, let him direct operations from down south while influencing players who have dual nationality to declare for us. Can easily commute as & when the requirements of the job dictate & could work alongside & develop Scot Gemmill as a FT Assistant.

We've actually got the makings of a good team and need a good manager to get the best out of them. Clarke will be a Scottish legend if he can take us to a major tournament.

The BBC have stated that the choice will be made by Friday. You can almost guarantee the SFA would be crass enough to announce Clarke before the last game of the season.

Just now, killiepiemuncher said:

You’ll know what his decision will be after his disciplinary hearing today.
No punishment= Scotland job.
Touch line ban= staying with Killie.

Ban or no ban he won't be staying with Killie.

Better get used to the idea.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I personally hope Clarke stays at Killie - but based on his comments when he got sectarian abuse at Ibrox, his house and family are still down south. The Scotland job, aside from the games themselves would largely involve watching English games to check up on players, with occasional commutes to watch some Scottish stuff. Being back with his family down south while being paid a lot more would be an attraction, no?

Guest Moomintroll
I personally hope Clarke stays at Killie - but based on his comments when he got sectarian abuse at Ibrox, his house and family are still down south. The Scotland job, aside from the games themselves would largely involve watching English games to check up on players, with occasional commutes to watch some Scottish stuff. Being back with his family down south while being paid a lot more would be an attraction, no?

What my mind is resigned to Swello, ah bugger it,it was fun, he had better leave Lord Dyer to Reign o'er us (sic) mind.

17 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

You’ll know what his decision will be after his disciplinary hearing today.
No punishment= Scotland job.
Touch line ban= staying with Killie.

I think they'll ban him regardless. However, if the punishment is strangely post-dated to start after Sunday that would be an indication of him taking the Scotland job.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
12 minutes ago, Swello said:

What my mind is resigned to Swello, ah bugger it,it was fun, he had better leave Lord Dyer to Reign o'er us (sic) mind.

I think he might even take AD to the Scotland setup.  The board will speculate on another fairly big appointment, I can't see us going down the route of just appointing the Assistant in the style of Locke/McCulloch.

Guest Moomintroll
I think he might even take AD to the Scotland setup.  The board will speculate on another fairly big appointment, I can't see us going down the route of just appointing the Assistant in the style of Locke/McCulloch.
Holding out hope that he will appoint Gemmill as FT assistant manager & put Lord Dyer in as PT coach, allowing him to keep on with us, potentially with Craig Bryson as a player/AM alongside Boydie as coach.

Bookies are very rarely clueless. If some utter imbecile* has lumped £1000 on anyone being appointed manager based on what they read in the rumours section of the Daily Record, the bookies are only smart to react accordingly.

Manager market bets require no thought whatsoever. People who enjoy the skill of betting avoid it completely. The small number of bets placed drive the market relatively sharply.

*I’m going to split my share of the winnings with Keith Jackson if it is Clarke.