The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I’m sure there were similar threats made about being in the home end/cause trouble outsider the ground when they got a smaller than normal Scottish Cup allocation at Pittodrie.

Indeed.

The clubs, Police Scotland, and the SFA will have no choice but to take notice when there are thousands of 'bears' wreaking havoc in Aberdeen city centre!!!! :rolleyes:

I wonder, how many among the Rangers/Celtic support will take this as a moment of reflection and maybe ask the club to try and do something about the behaviour of their fellow fans which is costing them the ability to get to games?

I think I know the answer, but I do note that everyone who wishes to make the case against this has failed to mention any of the reasons Bowie cited for doing it which centre around the creation of a toxic and hostile enviroment by these fanbases.

This game could potentially bring us into European qualification on a match day where we are celebrating our 150th year. Regardless of who we could have played, the last home match of the season would still be a celebration of this landmark. With such a celebration for all members of the family, surely it would make sense to create events on the match day, in the family stand. 

I could understand the anger if Rangers could win the title on the last day of the season. But it is a basically a dead rubber game for them anyway. But there is a couple of Rangers fans on my Facebook and Twitter who seem to completely disregard the fact that they will still have 4000 tickets for the game. I am not too sure how many seats, they get for other away grounds, but surely that is still more than what most teams give them anyway. It is hardly like we have now only gave Rangers supporters half of the stand.

Guest Moomintroll
I wonder, how many among the Rangers/Celtic support will take this as a moment of reflection and maybe ask the club to try and do something about the behaviour of their fellow fans which is costing them the ability to get to games?

I think I know the answer, but I do note that everyone who wishes to make the case against this has failed to mention any of the reasons Bowie cited for doing it which centre around the creation of a toxic and hostile enviroment by these fanbases.
No, its always the fault of the diddies, if we aren't denying them the right to express thur kulchur by wrecking our grounds & threatening our fans, we are pandering to theuym.

No, its always the fault of the diddies, if we aren't denying them the right to express thur kulchur by wrecking our grounds & threatening our fans, we are pandering to theuym.
There must, MUST, leaving aside all of the patter we all enjoy about how there are no good ones, be some who are saying for f**k sake what a minter this is. The wheels of change turn slowly but Steve Clark set it in motion by defying convention and calling them out directly. Now clubs are looking to take action and the stuff Bowie was saying about people feeling threatened etc must surely strike a chord with someone to say hold on, forget the tears and snotters, we are culpable here.

To me its notable by its absence. Is there really no one saying lets take a moment here....

Jabba Traynor & the Sevco board must have irrefutable photographic evidence of Wiggy Smith hanging out the back of a goat whilst simultaneously fingerblasting a couple of schoolies...........
There is no other explanation for that ludicrous, sycophantic piece of doggerel.
He’ll be slobbering down on the Sevco schlong till the day he dies.....
🤮

Guest Moomintroll
There must, MUST, leaving aside all of the patter we all enjoy about how there are no good ones, be some who are saying for f**k sake what a minter this is. The wheels of change turn slowly but Steve Clark set it in motion by defying convention and calling them out directly. Now clubs are looking to take action and the stuff Bowie was saying about people feeling threatened etc must surely strike a chord with someone to say hold on, forget the tears and snotters, we are culpable here.

To me its notable by its absence. Is there really no one saying lets take a moment here....

There are, several members of my family are sick of the whole circus ( they are all Celtic fans) but the normal people who just want to go & watch their team playing football will always be drowned out by the noisy, aggressive, don't give a f**k about basic human decency elements that are prevalent in their support, especially in away games. If you have several hundred vile bigots & wannabe terrorists in close proximity to you, you aren't going to say anything as the police & stewards don't give a f**k & the chances are that a few of the little rats will attack you so what is the point putting yourself in harms way.

There are, several members of my family are sick of the whole circus ( they are all Celtic fans) but the normal people who just want to go & watch their team playing football will always be drowned out by the noisy, aggressive, don't give a f**k about basic human decency elements that are prevalent in their support, especially in away games. If you have several hundred vile bigots & wannabe terrorists in close proximity to you, you aren't going to say anything as the police & stewards don't give a f**k & the chances are that a few of the little rats will attack you so what is the point putting yourself in harms way. 
Its saddening. Even the ones on here just deflect and act like school kids claiming those of us who speak on stuff like this are trying to get green dots (?)

Its telling that it usually comes from folk who dont attend football matches. I fucking hate attending games where these clubs are involved and thats me before my kids are old enough to be invloved. Its saddening that they are unprepared to acknowledge why these things are happening.

Guest Moomintroll
Its saddening. Even the ones on here just deflect and act like school kids claiming those of us who speak on stuff like this are trying to get green dots (?)

Its telling that it usually comes from folk who dont attend football matches. I fucking hate attending games where these clubs are involved and thats me before my kids are old enough to be invloved. Its saddening that they are unprepared to acknowledge why these things are happening.
It can & only will change if the clubs involved & the authorities make it happen. The clubs will not & the authorities will not so we are stuck with it. But hey, sweep sweep apparently.

Guest Moomintroll
Like it or not, the ‘atmosphere’ they bring is used as a selling point when we market ourselves to the tv companies as a football novelty act.
Which also has to change, there is a lot of soul searching going on down here at the moment regarding racism in the game & every incident is being called out quickly & rightly vilified across all forms of the Media. Now substitute the word racism for sectarianism, is the same thing happening in Scotland?

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:
Like it or not, the ‘atmosphere’ they bring is used as a selling point when we market ourselves to the tv companies as a football novelty act.

Which also has to change, there is a lot of soul searching going on down here at the moment regarding racism in the game & every incident is being called out quickly & rightly vilified across all forms of the Media. Now substitute the word racism for sectarianism, is the same thing happening in Scotland?

There is. But they don't know what to do about it. England has the resource and quality of football to stamp that all out and continue to thrive.

In the corridors of power here their concern is that without the 'edge' that comes with an OF game, Scottish football is of no more interest than English league two to the likes of sky. And that is the sad truth when the business model of the game is to finance it through TV companies run outwith Scotland.

Guest Moomintroll
There is. But they don't know what to do about it. England has the resource and quality of football to stamp that all out and continue to thrive.
In the corridors of power here their concern is that without the 'edge' that comes with an OF game, Scottish football is of no more interest than English league two to the likes of sky. And that is the sad truth when the business model of the game is to finance it through TV companies run outwith Scotland.
It is exactly that, sad but true. Would still rather be an impoverished irrelevance than continue to pander to the vile elements within their supports however

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That will be the 'atmosphere' they have to turn the volume down on due feeling it unacceptable to broadcast the vile words being sung

50 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

And yet when Rangers died and before Sevco were in the top league the TV deal didn't get any worse.