The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not trying to be funny here, but I’m pretty sure that’s what the Rangers hierarchy said at the time. They wanted to sell more tickets to their own fans, so cut the Celtic allocation to around 800. Which part of that do you think should be corrected?

Sevco did not single out one club as Baracus wrongly claimed. 

The away support was cut for all clubs and this was announced pre season.

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

I'm not a Kilmarnock fan but would seriously consider coming through for this game to help sell out the allocation,and would encourage all diddy fans to do the same.

All diddy fans should buy tickets for this game and pass them onto those who can't afford to go. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

7 hours ago, bennett said:

Sevco did not single out one club as Baracus wrongly claimed. 

The away support was cut for all clubs and this was announced pre season.

Ok, but how many clubs were affected by the cut in away tickets policy?

8 hours ago, bennett said:

That's a fair whack of Sevco/ing, mixed in with just the right amount of faux outrage....

I've seen you go down this road a few times, insinuating that any hatred of Rangers is pretend and fishing for greenies.

It's not.  We really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, fucking despise your club and every last entitled Neanderthal who follows it.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

That is not strictly true, I'm sure you'll correct it and apologize.....

Whilst not strictly true, it was a reaction to cut all away support allocations to 800 as an indirect result of Hibs repeatedly winding Rangers up last season, doing something similar and cutting away allocation at Easter Road. 

Rangers did so in turn by cutting all away allocations over this season, which they are perfectly entitled to do. 

They are not at all entitled though, to spit the dummy if any club decides to do the same. 4000 of an 18000 capacity stadium is still more than ample. Just under 25% of the stadium. All this talk of 'we'll take our business elsewhere' is an empty threat. Clubs, survive and get by just fine without overrunning their stadiums with the fabled 'blue or green pound' and their business is certainly not as crucial to a club's budget as they would like to belive. 

I sincerely hope we follow suit if we somehow stay up and cut both Rangers and Celtic allocations to the one stand. They should be treated like every other club in the league. 

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bowie with a brilliant outlook on them not coming next season,

When told of the statement from Ibrox yesterday and of the warning that such a stand off could cost Kilmarnock somewhere of the region of a quarter of a million pounds per season, Bowie said: “That doesn’t really bother us to be honest as this is is something we want to do for our own fans. If we can attract more Kilmarnock fans to Rugby Park then we will offset any loss that we stand to make from matches against the Old Firm teams.

“Think about it. We have 18 home games over the course of the season. If we can add another 1,000 Kilmarnock fans to our average home crowds then that will more than cover the cost of losing 16,000 Old Firm fans over the season.

7 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Bowie with a brilliant outlook on them not coming next season,

When told of the statement from Ibrox yesterday and of the warning that such a stand off could cost Kilmarnock somewhere of the region of a quarter of a million pounds per season, Bowie said: “That doesn’t really bother us to be honest as this is is something we want to do for our own fans. If we can attract more Kilmarnock fans to Rugby Park then we will offset any loss that we stand to make from matches against the Old Firm teams.

“Think about it. We have 18 home games over the course of the season. If we can add another 1,000 Kilmarnock fans to our average home crowds then that will more than cover the cost of losing 16,000 Old Firm fans over the season.

How on earth have they arrived at £250k/season?!  Is it built on the utter myth that they actually fill both stands?  We'll be losing about 2-2.5k away supporters, reducing associated costs, and then hopefully adding on a few home supporters.  If it's 50k I'd be surprised, so 150 extra adult season tickets based on the idea that the club are successful again, with the possibility of Europe, and a board willing to listen to the majority of its supporters - not totally beyond the realms of possibility.

Rangers support, as usual, distracting themselves from the total shitshow their club has been for the last decade by pointing the finger at others.  What a fucking mountain out of a molehill.

When I heard this first I thought surely Gordon Smith has been misquoted but no, quoted exactly as said. I thought it would even have been a stretch to imagine an absolute frother on the bear pit suggesting they refuse to play somewhere because they are 'only' getting a quarter of the stadium. The fact that the venue in question is where they were recently caught en mass chanting sectarian abuse at their host takes it to a whole new level of ridiculousness.

This season just keeps getting better, I love you Killie you awesome b*****ds! We're doing pretty much everything correctly, something I never thought I'd see after years of MJ's nonsense.

Edited by stevieKTID

Guest Moomintroll
It's been nearly a day now, and I'm still not sure why the Rangers support is so ragin' about this.
Any "bears" please feel free to give me the outline.
Cuz WATP & all the other acronyms they are so fond of.

It's the utter bullshit that the supporters are coming out with that's the most infuriating.  Talk of boycotts, and protests, and one daft bint even suggesting they essentially congregate in a marching band outside the stadium - they've been totally fizzing at the BBC for years, so after a bit of deflective dog whistling from the club, arranged a protest outside the studios.........a mile away from the ground....on the day they were playing at home anyway...and about 40 people turned up.  But aye, I'm sure the bears will all organise themselves to protest at only having a quarter of the stadium for a dead rubber.  f**k off.

I'll hold my hands up, I initially voted for them to retain their present allocation - but the handwringing bullshit that's followed a decision which is completely within the prerogative of our board has made me completely change my mind.

And Gordon Smith can f**k off too, sitter missing, just-for-men using c**t that he is.