The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

32 minutes ago, the rambler said:

I see that Stevie Clark is odds on favourite to be the new Fulham manager for the start of 2019/20 season. 

Would be a good deal for both parties.  Not many Killie fans think that Steve Clarke will extend his contract with us- he's been very clear about that.  But most believe him when he states he intends to see out his current contract.  I wouldn't feel aggrieved if he did leave though- what a legacy. 

Edited by Nutz_the_Squirrel

6 hours ago, the rambler said:

I see that Stevie Clark is odds on favourite to be the new Fulham manager for the start of 2019/20 season. 

In the hyper rarified atmosphere of English 1st and 2nd tier football SSC is not a stellar name , they seem to have the same manager carousel that we have , but with fancier names .

I hope wee Steve from Saltcoats is too common for Mr Khan 

Interesting interview with Kenny Shiels here: https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/kenny-shiels-reveals-kilmarnock-hibs-16114430

Can understand the club not taking him back tbh, but to not even offer a reply when he'd applied is really poor if true.

Can only assume that was in the latter days of MJ

10 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Interesting interview with Kenny Shiels here: https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/kenny-shiels-reveals-kilmarnock-hibs-16114430

Can understand the club not taking him back tbh, but to not even offer a reply when he'd applied is really poor if true.

Can only assume that was in the latter days of MJ

My first thought when I saw the headline was MJ.

I love Kenny but I felt that sometimes he let himself down when speaking to the media, think he lets his heart rule his head sometimes, decent coach and will forever be a Killie legend for the league cup win.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

A message from Kilmarnock FC Directors Billy Bowie, Cathy Jamieson and Phyllis McLeish. 

What has already been an unforgettable season for everyone at Killie still promises so much as we head into the final five weeks of the campaign.

Guided by Steve Clarke and Alex Dyer, our squad is challenging at the top end of the Scottish Premiership with the real possibility of breaking last season’s club-record points total.

As we continue our 150th Anniversary celebrations, we want to turn our final match of the season on Sunday, May 19 at home to Rangers into a celebration of all things Killie. With this in mind, we as a Board of Directors have made the decision to house Rangers FC supporters solely in the Chadwick Stand with Kilmarnock supporters in the remaining three stands.

Moffat Stand season ticket holders will be able to purchase reduced rate tickets for their regular place in the stand, priced Adult £15, Concession (Over 65s, U21s and Students) £10 and U16 £5. Our KCST team will have increased community games and activities on offer in our Family Fan Zone behind the Moffat Stand so get along early and join in the fun.

Kilmarnock supporters can buy a ticket for the Frank Beattie, East Stand or Moffat Stand priced Adults £27, Concession (U21, 65+ and Students) £19, U16s £10.

This is an all ticket match and home tickets must be purchased in person from The Killie Shop at Rugby Park. All away ticket enquiries should be directed to Rangers FC.

Billy Bowie said: “Kilmarnock FC is a family club and we want to make sure Rugby Park is an enjoyable and safe environment for people to enjoy watching football. As promised, we have worked with and listened to feedback from our leading supporters’ groups in a real effort to encourage and inspire the next generation of Killie fans. 

“After the game we’re encouraging all Killie fans to stay in the stadium and watch one of the most memorable Killie teams in recent memory complete their traditional lap of honour complete with a few words from our manager Steve Clarke.”

A date for the start of home tickets sales will be announced in due course.

Well done Kilmarnock, the pricing arrangements too.