The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

If someone gave the the club a couple of million, SSC would deliver the league.

I don’t really want that to happen to be honest, I’d rather we had a sustainable model.

Would obviously celebrate like f**k if it did though.

6 hours ago, BoydiesBelly said:

I hope so, but it'll be very interesting to see how things go from now on. Hopefully we see folk like Marie Macklin, who wasn't short of a soundbite or two during MJ's time, step up with the investment that was promised. I won't hold my breath for that one.

Great work has been done lately to reunite the different factions, but it'll take a while to see if those divisions are set in far too deeply to ever recover from.  Fingers crossed though.

Hopefully you are right but I don't think she'll be one of them.  IMO all talk, and she did speak well to be fair to her, but, no action when it comes to Killie.

Others talk about the guy Alexander, however I am not comfortable about him investing as I don't like how he as made his money. Others no doubt will disagree with my thoughts though.

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

There is also Kenny Alexander who might reconsider investing now, incidentally he cashed in a small percentage of his shares in GVC, the company who own Ladbrokes Corals, for £13.1m just last week. For those unfamiliar, he's the guy who originally offered £750k for MJ to walk away from the Club a few years back.

Until he divests all his company shares and his role in the company it is unlikely he’ll be investing given the potential conflict of interest scenario.

7 hours ago, killieshire said:

Until he divests all his company shares and his role in the company it is unlikely he’ll be investing given the potential conflict of interest scenario.

William Hill Scottish Cup & Ladbrokes Premiership spring to mind.......

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

William Hill Scottish Cup & Ladbrokes Premiership spring to mind.......

Sponsorship v’s ownership/ employment are 2 completely different things. My brother in law previously worked for Petrfe who own Betfred, the Tote, etc.. and even I had restrictions on what I could do as a family member.

7 hours ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

Anyone source anyone join Kilmarnock at summer?

Bit early yet, Bryson the only one mentioned so far, you will start hearing names getting launched about nearer the end of the season.

20 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Why is our game after the national break all ticket for Accies fans? Limited to 300.

I'll be very surprised if it's all-ticket, the only all-ticket games at RP are against the OF, Ayr or in one-off big games. Is your site saying that it's all-ticket? You should be able to turn up and pay at the gate no problem on the 30th. 

44 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Why is our game after the national break all ticket for Accies fans? Limited to 300.

If it's limited to 300 it would suggest you'd be getting shoved in the corner of the Frank Beattie stand. I still wouldn't have thought it would be all ticket however, that's very unusual. 

I'll be very surprised if it's all-ticket, the only all-ticket games at RP are against the OF, Ayr or in one-off big games. Is your site saying that it's all-ticket? You should be able to turn up and pay at the gate no problem on the 30th. 

If it's limited to 300 it would suggest you'd be getting shoved in the corner of the Frank Beattie stand. I still wouldn't have thought it would be all ticket however, that's very unusual. 

Seems really odd especially since it says we are in the Chadwick.