The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

“I have no idea what happened but fair play to Steve Clarke for feeding my irrational hatred of Aberdeen”

Anyone with half a brain can figure out what happened..

Greg Stewart's loan move to Aberdeen is "bull****" and has a "slightly strange smell about it" says Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke.

Stewart spent the first half of the season at Kilmarnock, but his club Birmingham City cut the spell short before loaning him back to Aberdeen.

Speaking after his side's win over Forfar, Clarke said his issue is not with the player.

"It's not the player. It's the deal," said Clarke.

I don't have any "hatred" for Aberdeen, at all, it's mental how often you lot seem to peddle that.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aw bless

Literally two days ago I posted praise for Aberdeen for how they've conducted themselves over the Shaughnessy approach. I've no idea why you get so defensive whenever I post about your club.

Literally two days ago I posted praise for Aberdeen for how they've conducted themselves over the Shaughnessy approach. I've no idea why you get so defensive whenever I post about your club.

Don’t get defensive at all. It’s pretty pointless defending Aberdeen against your posts. Your mind is normally made up.

Maybe your issue is with McInnes and not the club, who knows.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t get defensive at all. It’s pretty pointless defending Aberdeen against your posts. Your mind is normally made up.

Maybe your issue is with McInnes and not the club, who knows.

McInnes is a major part of where my clubs ended up, why would I have an issue with him?

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone with half a brain can figure out what happened..

I don't have any "hatred" for Aberdeen, at all, it's mental how often you lot seem to peddle that.

I presume that you feel that you have more than half a brain, so what is your take on what happened? Steve Clarke has been very clever with his comments, in obviously annoyed with what has happened, without actually giving any clue as to what it is. I would genuinely like to get the teal story. It would seem to me that the situation as to where Greg Stewart is playing his football until May, is totally controlled by Birmingham and Greg Stewart himself, with Aberdeen third in the decision making process.

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:35, Romeo said:
On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:34, Grangemouth Bairn said:
It’s strange that given the 6 months he’s had under Steve Clarke that he’s now chosen 6 months under McInness.
I don’t think he will get anywhere near the same motivation, coaching and improvement under McInness.
Time will tell though.

Are you saying McInnes is a worse coach than SSC?

Eh, yes, by a country mile.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair play to Clarke for ripping into Aberdeen and Stewart.

I imagine there's a grinning agent counting money somewhere right now.

Agents can be right fannies, but why do you think his agent would be "counting money" in this case?

The only two real variables in a loan deal are -

1. How much does club X or club Y want to contribute to the players salary
  2. Does the player want to join club X or club Y for a loan period

None of those make much (if any) for an agent.

Unless Stewart had a huge falling out with Steve Clarke (unlikely) then he either preferred Aberdeen as a place to play football, or Aberdeen are contributing more to his salary.................or both.