The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

He did choose Aberdeen over us. Killie and Aberdeen offered the same deal and it came down to the player choosing Aberdeen. 
Thats the story coming out of Killie and Mcinnes himself has said the player chose Aberdeen over other clubs. 

If that’s the case then fair enough and we would have to applaud the club for matching the Aberdeen deal.

Most important part is that we still have the best manager in the country by far. Its obviously disappointing that Stewart would choose to go back to a club that by his own admission he was unhappy at, but we have only lost one player (with Jones still here until the end of the season, another matter I know). SC now has the chance to replace Stewart and hopefully keep the rest of the squad together. 

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Most important part is that we still have the best manager in the country by far. Its obviously disappointing that Stewart would choose to go back to a club that by his own admission he was unhappy at, but we have only lost one player (with Jones still here until the end of the season, another matter I know). SC now has the chance to replace Stewart and hopefully keep the rest of the squad together. 

When did Stewart say he was unhappy at Aberdeen? Genuine question as I've only ever read positive stuff despite it not working out as all hoped.

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

When did Stewart say he was unhappy at Aberdeen? Genuine question as I've only ever read positive stuff despite it not working out as all hoped.

He scored half the goals at Aberdeen than he did at Killie in double the time.

He can't have been delighted.

Am pretty certain that Stewart has talked about having a very frustrating time at Aberdeen where things really didn't work out for him.....He doesn't use the word 'unhappy' I will grant you, but does that sound like a player who was enjoying his football at Pittodrie? Also assume he will be mostly warming the bench between now and the end of the season.

Let's be honest his spell at Aberdeen he couldn't command a starting place every week.
Under SSC he has flourished. Now back under managerial roulette Mcinnes he will not be used properly and end up the same as his 1st spell, frustrated!
It's a shame for us to lose him but also the league suffers from a guy with that ability not producing week in week out.

I will eat my words if I'm wrong

Let's be honest his spell at Aberdeen he couldn't command a starting place every week.
Under SSC he has flourished. Now back under managerial roulette Mcinnes he will not be used properly and end up the same as his 1st spell, frustrated!
It's a shame for us to lose him but also the league suffers from a guy with that ability not producing week in week out.

I will eat my words if I'm wrong

State of this.

To be fair, the general mood of Killie fans over this move is entirely justified.

I have no issue with killie fans being pissed off, I would be and I don’t take any particular pleasure in the circumstances of harming killies season, albeit I’m delighted Greg is back.

Just spare me the ‘damage to the league as a whole’ chat please.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I have no issue with killie fans being pissed off, I would be and I don’t take any particular pleasure in the circumstances of harming killies season, albeit I’m delighted Greg is back.

Just spare me the ‘damage to the league as a whole’ chat please.

Were you delighted with him last season? Or are you basing your delight on the back of his performances at RP?

Were you delighted with him last season? Or are you basing your delight on the back of his performances at RP?

I wouldn’t say I was delighted with him, but it was quite clear he was a real talent, specifically towards the end of the season. I definitely would have had him back in the summer.

It’s been frustrating but not surprising seeing what he’s done so far this season.