The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Nobody should be saying he didn't choose Aberdeen. He obviously did. The reasons are definitely up for debate though. Aberdeen are a bigger club and can pay more money, which is basically a short way of what Dindeleux was getting at.

Are you suggesting that this isn't right?

9 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Yeah Stewart definitely never picked Aberdeen over Kilmarnock, honestly. I take it the transfer window slams shut on January 18th nowadays and had to make a decision today. 

Maybe he did pick Aberdeen over us..........I'm just guesstimating as to what has happened.   I'm pretty sure Birmingham will have said that X club (or clubs) are the only ones willing to pick up enough of your wages so if you want to go out on loan here are your options.

If it turns out that us and Aberdeen have offered Birmingham the same amount and the player has chosen Aberdeen over us (given his own comments about working with SSC and his experience up north last year) then I would be surprised.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He didn't "choose" Aberdeen, they offered more wages than anyone else and Birmingham accepted it as it's the best offer they had.

Aberdeen absolutely spunking the money to try and scare off teams around them, they're apparently offering Joe Shaughnessy a wage over double what we can offer.

Your forgetting, no matter how much money they offered Birmingham, the player has to agree to go there first..... so he did choose Aberdeen.

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

McInnes says he chose us. 

Expect it's mostly financial, but he was coming on to a game with us by May 18 and there are different opportunities with Christie, Maclean and Rooney all away.

Killie have looked after him well and i still want you guys to finish second, so no hard feelings eh?

#TB4 is for all of us mate, hopefully its a #TB4 top 3 at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Your forgetting, no matter how much money they offered Birmingham, the player has to agree to go there first..... so he did choose Aberdeen.

That is correct, but if his choice was Aberdeen or continue to train with the U18s then I'm pretty sure he would have chosen Aberdeen.

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No seethe here, you're a bigger club and have far more fans, means you can pay more, which means you're further up the ladder than us.

It happens in football, especially when your a small successful club.

We'll do the exact same to a team further down to replace him, probably.

Have to agree with you on this one, clubs the size of St Johnstone & Killie can't compete in the same market as any of the City clubs when it comes to wages. But nothing to stop us competing on the pitch & punching well above our weight.....

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Is this likely to be a loan before a permanent contract or is Stewart keeping himself fit and in shop window in hope of getting another club in England.

Be a helluva wage cut for him to go to the Dons on a perm.

18 minutes ago, coprolite said:

McInnes says he chose us. 

Expect it's mostly financial, but he was coming on to a game with us by May 18 and there are different opportunities with Christie, Maclean and Rooney all away.

Killie have looked after him well and i still want you guys to finish second, so no hard feelings eh?

What would you expect McInnes to say?

44 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

He won't have chosen Aberdeen over us, he will have chosen Aberdeen and getting his full wage from Birmingham over not playing for 6 months and/or coming to Kilmarnock and having to sacrifice some of his wages.

He gets his full wage regardless, whether Kilmarnock pay 20% or Aberdeen pay 40%, Birmingham are contractually obliged to pay the remaining amount.

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Have to agree with you on this one, clubs the size of St Johnstone & Killie can't compete in the same market as any of the City clubs when it comes to wages. But nothing to stop us competing on the pitch & punching well above our weight.....

I agree with this too.  Aberdeen are a bigger club than us, its that simple.  

Aberdeen will have a real go at a title challenge now, Cosgrove on form with Stewart alongside him could be perfect.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

What would you expect McInnes to say?

Are you saying he is lying?

That is a very serious accusation and not one you should make lightly.

I would expect him to say "hemmin, Steve, get it right up ye!" but apparently he's all like grown up and won't do it.

Just now, coprolite said:

Are you saying he is lying?

That is a very serious accusation and not one you should make lightly.

I would expect him to say "hemmin, Steve, get it right up ye!" but apparently he's all like grown up and won't do it.

Managers lie all the time.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He gets his full wage regardless, whether Kilmarnock pay 20% or Aberdeen pay 40%, Birmingham are contractually obliged to pay the remaining amount.

Unless the player agreed (which he clearly hasn't) to sacrifice the difference to stay at Rugby Park.   I have no idea if contractually they could make that offer to Stewart and say "Look Aberdeen want to pay 50% of your wages, Killie only want to pay 25%.  If you are that desperate to live in Onthank you can sacrifice 25% of your wages to go there".