The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Oh dear, how sad, never mind. 

:P 

More seriously, that’s a sad loss to the league. Good news for the likes of ourselves and Hearts right enough, but players rarely have as much impact at clubs like ours the way Stewart has. 

Stefan Scougall is available if you’re looking for a replacement ;) 

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Oh dear, how sad, never mind. 

:P 

More seriously, that’s a sad loss to the league. Good news for the likes of ourselves and Hearts right enough, but players rarely have as much impact at clubs like ours the way Stewart has. 

Stefan Scougall is available if you’re looking for a replacement ;) 

Its a massive blow right enough but......

Don't count your chickens @Kyle yet, there is 3 weeks of the window still left open. If anyone can sort out replacements its SSC.

Say we did sign Scougall, which I don't think we will btw & he started to perform the way others have under Clarke, what does that say about TW? ;)

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Don't count your chickens @Kyle yet, there is 3 weeks of the window still left open. If anyone can sort out replacements its SSC.

Say we did sign Scougall, which I don't think we will btw & he started to perform the way others have under Clarke, what does that say about TW? ;)

Not much to be honest.  And I think most Saints fans would be happy to see Scougall doing well, it just hasn't happened for him at us.

Its quite common in football for players not to perform at one club, then move to another and find form.

Tommy Wright has over the years proven to be one of the best at getting the most out of players who's career has stalled or not really got going.  Stevie May, Michael O'Halloran, Danny Swanson, Liam Craig from his Hibs time, Matt Kennedy, Tony Watt Just off the top of my head.

And Scougall is a big rangers fan, so would be an ideal fit. :)

Steve Clarke's a miracle worker seemingly, so I can't imagine losing a player will harm Kilmarnock at all. He's so good he'll just turn Dom Thomas into the new Stewart.

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

53 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Not much to be honest.  And I think most Saints fans would be happy to see Scougall doing well, it just hasn't happened for him at us.

Its quite common in football for players not to perform at one club, then move to another and find form.

Tommy Wright has over the years proven to be one of the best at getting the most out of players who's career has stalled or not really got going.  Stevie May, Michael O'Halloran, Danny Swanson, Liam Craig from his Hibs time, Matt Kennedy, Tony Watt Just off the top of my head.

And Scougall is a big rangers fan, so would be an ideal fit. :)

I think this has already been Paulospained but I'm not sure one player not making it will tell us anything really considering the others he's pulled out from nowhere or from a slump in their career and turned them around.

Scougall just doesn't fit into the way we play (or he may not be quite good enough for this level). I'm confident he'd do well in a team tailored to his strengths though.

55 minutes ago, OSP said:

Quite disappointed about Stewart being recalled. He's been great to watch in the few games I've seen. Hopefully SC can find someone to replace him and keep Killie's form going.

Agreed.  By far the most important individual at Kilmarnock is SC.  The team performed well before Greg Stewart and I've no doubts will continue to perform well without him.

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

Agreed.  By far the most important individual at Kilmarnock is SC.  The team performed well before Greg Stewart and I've no doubts will continue to perform well without him.

Can't really argue with that HOWEVER, with the loss of Jones & Stewart  and Championship teams sniffing around Brophy might Clarke be tempted to head back to England to one of the Championship clubs that are constantly seeking a new manager ?

2 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Killie could use the money we offered for Jordan Jones to pay for Greg Stewart..... oh wait :lol:

I see they have started a go fund me page for the fans to raise the money. The guy who set up the page didn’t even contribute and it is sitting at £0-00 :thumsup2

Because he clearly set it up for a laugh and actively told people not to make any donations, you absolute simpleton.

39 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Can't really argue with that HOWEVER, with the loss of Jones & Stewart  and Championship teams sniffing around Brophy might Clarke be tempted to head back to England to one of the Championship clubs that are constantly seeking a new manager ?

I'm sure Clarke would have been well aware of the situation before he took the job. He will obviously be disappointed at losing Stewart but its part and parcel of being at club like ours.

6 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Killie could use the money we offered for Jordan Jones to pay for Greg Stewart..... oh wait :lol:

I see they have started a go fund me page for the fans to raise the money. The guy who set up the page didn’t even contribute and it is sitting at £0-00 :thumsup2

The same amount as you raised to save Rangers (RIP) then.

8 minutes ago, KillieCon said:

He will obviously be disappointed at losing Stewart but its part and parcel of being at club like ours.

And here in lies the problem with taking players on loan when the parent club have the ability to recall and cancel loan during the transfer window.

Same happened to us a few years back when Liverpool recalled the excellent Danny Ward and it derailed our season.

Do you think that Clarke would consider a club such as Forest if they came calling ?

11 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

And here in lies the problem with taking players on loan when the parent club have the ability to recall and cancel loan during the transfer window.

Same happened to us a few years back when Liverpool recalled the excellent Danny Ward and it derailed our season.

Do you think that Clarke would consider a club such as Forest if they came calling ?

I would be shocked if he left before the end of this season.