The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

23 minutes ago, Fide said:

Seems there was a bit of a falling out in the car park outside RP.

According to a witness to the argument in the carpark, Kiltie wasn't involved, it appears, reading between the lines, Kiltie jacked it as he didn't agree with the way Bill White was treated.... thou that's only my opinion tbf.

From the club website:

The Board of The Kilmarnock Football Club Limited wish to issue the following statement to our supporters.

"We understand fans will naturally be curious following the resignations of Bill White and John Kiltie, however we wish to reiterate the sense of unity and positive vision we all share for our club’s future.

"This is a hugely important and exciting time in Kilmarnock FC’s history as we start our 150th Anniversary celebrations with a whole range of special edition merchandise to be unveiled later this week.

"Under the guidance of manager Steve Clarke and assistant Alex Dyer, the first team continues to perform well on the field and heads into a busy period of matches sitting in fourth position in the Scottish Premiership table.

"As a board we are making strong progress in restructuring the commercial and administrative sides of the club with a number of ambitious developments in the pipeline.

"These include a brand-new online ticketing system and customer database, which will make it easier for fans to back the team at Rugby Park as well as form part of the Super Killie Away Army which has grown strongly this season.

"Targeted investment will also contribute to a new club website and this is just one example of our efforts to improve the overall fan experience and help you to feel closer to all aspects of Killie.

"Our newly launched and refurbished hospitality suites have proved to be extremely popular, providing more diverse options to suit supporters’ budgets and requirements while allowing us to achieve our commercial goals.

"The appointment of Cathy Jamieson ensures your voice is represented at boardroom level and your views and support will be critical to the continued success of the club. We remain in dialogue with key supporter groups over a range of exciting projects and we look forward to releasing more details in the near future.

"We firmly believe the three remaining directors possess the skills, expertise and passion to drive this wonderful club forward towards a stronger future and with the unity between board, team and fans, we can ensure that we fulfil our potential on and off the field."

Perhaps their skill sets were covered by other members of the board and didn't fit into a forward thinking Kilmarnock?

Both are individually well respected but maybe it was time for a new direction at board level.

I don't know but can't say I'm overly concerned.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching us yesterday.  That was one of the best performances I have seen from us in many years.   

There was not one player who you could criticise, they all did what they were asked to do.   Even the substitutions were clever; Tish never gave Mallon any space and Burke brought nous and experience to the team when her came on.   His pass to Stewart leading up to the 3rd goal was brilliant, as was the finish. 

I am not Scott Boyd's biggest fan but he had a great game yesterday, very steady and made the simple pass when on the ball. 

MANUEL PASCALI doesn’t have to look beyond the end of his nose to get a reminder of Scotland.

And the former Kilmarnock captain admits he’s seriously thinking about returning to the country. He’s delighted to see his old team prospering under Steve Clarke and would love to become manager at Rugby Park himself one day.

For the moment, though, he’ll settle for becoming a supporter if Killie can qualify for Europe.

The 37-year-old Italian, now playing for Cosenza in Serie B, is incredibly passionate about all things surrounding Scottish football.

He said: “There is a big connection between myself and Scottish people.

“I have the ginger beard now as well. I’ve been doing Movember and the red hair started coming through. Maybe a couple of hundred years ago my family was in Scotland!

“I was talking with my wife about it and saying that sometimes I seriously feel like Kilmarnock is my home. When you spend seven years in the same team, it’s a big part of your life.

“In modern football, you can’t easily find players who stayed with one club for such a long time, especially foreign players. When people ask me how long I stayed in Scotland and I answer seven years, they go crazy.

“My kids are six and nine now. I think it might be better for them in Scotland.

“I took the UEFA B coaching licence in Scotland, but I’m still doing OK as a player. We won our league last season and are now in Serie B.

“I know I don’t have a lot of time left, but I feel I’m still important to my team. I won’t hang up my boots until I feel I’m not making a contribution.

“You never know what’s going to happen in our profession but I can see myself back here one day doing something for the club. I have no regrets about staying so long. I maybe only regret not staying longer. I probably stayed seven years because I loved the passion in the football and the fans.

“It’s the same passion we have in Italy.”

Pascali was with Killie when they beat Celtic to win the League Cup in 2012, but he missed the final because of injury. The club then surprisingly dispensed with the services of boss Kenny Shiels and struggled for several years.

The dramatic upturn under Steve Clarke has delighted Pascali.

He went on: “My first year away ,they were in the relegation play-off. That made me sad to see them struggling. Under Steve Clarke, they are flying. I watched a couple of matches that were on when I wasn’t playing and really enjoyed them. I saw them beating Celtic last season and they looked so, so organised. Everybody looks like they know exactly what they’re doing and the results are coming. It’s not a coincidence. They look like a serious top-six club at the moment.”

Pascali was back in Ayrshire recently to play in the Kris Boyd Testimonial.

That visit reminded him of how much he misses his old club. He said: “I hope they will achieve something this season and get the dream of playing in Europe again. “Maybe they will draw an Italian team.That would be ideal so that I could go and watch.

“I always said that Kilmarnock as a club had to be competing for a place in the top six and going for fifth or fourth, fighting with the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibernian. When I was there, we only missed out because of small things, details. It looks like they have that with this manager.

“When you do things properly off the park as a club, as well as on it, the results will come.”

3 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Worth mentioning that Paska's team are only 5 points behind that of Liam Henderson's Hellas Verona in Serie B which puts the clamour for a call-up for Henderson into perspective.

What perspective does it put it in? Greg Stewart's team is only four points ahead of Aaron Comrie's - the points gap tells you nothing about the respective qualities of two individuals. 

What perspective does it put it in? Greg Stewart's team is only four points ahead of Aaron Comrie's - the points gap tells you nothing about the respective qualities of two individuals. 

Ha ha fair point mate.

Lee Erwin & Anthony Stokes have both left Tractor Sazi. Lee leaving due to being homesick, Stokes just couldnt be arsed to return after the international break.

Its been reported we have 1st refusal on Erwin written into his contract.......

Also, apparently Jack Byrne has left Rugby Park.

Edited by C4mmy31