The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

One of the early FIFA games Meldrum was the only keeper in the fucking game who could save those shots from the right hand corner of the box. All the other keepers dived up the way and not toward the corner. Some bug or something meant Meldrum would walk toward the corner of the goal and just grab it.

So no ill words will be spoken about him from here on in.

51 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

He was still different class.

There have been some players who were so obviously above our natural level, that you just want to enjoy them playing foryour team. Mulumbu was one, Naismith was one near the end of his time, Boyd too first time round.

But Eremenko, for me, was slightly different. As much as I still love the guy, I remember at times feeling almost a sense of frustration in 10/11 that he was ever near us in the first place. A guy who could have played in any league in the world and caught the eye....spent one of his peak years at Kilmarnock. 

He was utterly utterly exceptional, and made the extraordinary seem totally routine.

And it still fucking depresses me that he was beaten to PotY by Emilio Izaguirre. 

15 minutes ago, Estragon said:

But Eremenko, for me, was slightly different. As much as I still love the guy, I remember at times feeling almost a sense of frustration in 10/11 that he was ever near us in the first place. A guy who could have played in any league in the world and caught the eye....spent one of his peak years at Kilmarnock. 

And it still fucking depresses me that he was beaten to PotY by Emilio Izaguirre. 

Frustration?   I loved it that he chose to do so.   That was one of my favourite ever seasons watching Killie, primarily because of him.

Re the 2nd point, he didn't play for one of the arse cheeks, so he was never going to win PotY.

Even at 16 stone he still absolutely bossed it today.

Clearly never had the drive and discipline or he’d never have been near Scotland, never mind Killie.

Was the best player in the league when he was here in his first spell.

Even today when clearly a long way from being any sort of athlete he saw things others just didn’t see.

There was one pass, where Boyd was called offside, when he wasn’t even looking, just clipped a perfect reverse ball over the top right to Boydy’s feet.

He’s only 35, if he could stay off the pies he would still absolutely boss it in our league.

2 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Kickback working for folk? Tried to go on and it said Banned?! Haven't posted anything controversial so assuming it's down?

It's fine for me just now but I had that happen to me a month or so a go.

28 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:
St. Johnstone v Kilmarnock
Ladbrokes Premiership
 24/11/2018  3:00pm  McDiarmid Park
Referee:William Collum
AR1David McGeachie
AR2Graeme Stewart
Fourth OfficialKevin Clancy

Christ on a catamaran.