The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

23 minutes ago, coprolite said:

As with Mckenna the other week, two match ban seems harsh for a bookable offence. The cheating c**t should get a one match ban.

The cheating c*&t should have got a yellow card had the referee done his job properly but this is Scotland , and Morelos /Naismith/McGregor/Brown should have got a booking/ban but fairness is in short supply , not through bias IMO but through abject incompetence 

As with Mckenna the other week, two match ban seems harsh for a bookable offence. The cheating c**t should get a one match ban.
The two march ban was brought in 7 seasons ago. Previous players who have been banned include Sone Aluko, Peter Pawlett, Isma Goncalves, Jamie Walker and Alex Schalk.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Do you reckon Killie will appeal if he is hit with a 2 match ban?

43 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I don't , however I do feel you won't appeal it.

He has been offered a two-match ban through a Fast Track Notice of Complaint. Players can accept the ban if they wish, but also have the right to a hearing if they want one. That is completely different to an appeal. Once the hearing is held tomorrow (or whenever it is if there is a delay due to Jones being on international duty), there is no right to an appeal from either party.

You can't appeal against a decision when no decision has been made. At this stage, Jones has not been found guilty of anything and has not been banned.

This is the equivalent of a person being charged with a crime. They can plead guilty if they want, but if not then they have the right to a fair trial. If the trial subsequently finds him guilty, that's when he would get a two-match ban.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:
2 hours ago, coprolite said:

The two march ban was brought in 7 seasons ago. Previous players who have been banned include Sone Aluko, Peter Pawlett, Isma Goncalves, Jamie Walker and Alex Schalk.

Is that not what @bennettgets in mid July :whistle

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:
3 hours ago, coprolite said:

i knew there was precedent but hadn't appreciated it was a rule.

Still seems harsh.

4 hours ago, Green Day said:

Do you reckon Killie will appeal if he is hit with a 2 match ban?

I doubt we will waste our time appealing an SFA kangaroo court.

IMHO, We have more than adequate cover with Enobakhare.

Jones hasn't been great this season, but losing him for these two games would be a blow, because he is so often the player who does the damage against the bottom six sides. We have no idea whether Enobakhare is good enough or not - he's had a few impressive flashes off the bench, but the longest he's had on the park has been 12 minutes against Motherwell, in a game that was already over. If Jones isn't available then hopefully he can step up and show what he can do.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Jones hasn't been great this season, but losing him for these two games would be a blow, because he is so often the player who does the damage against the bottom six sides. We have no idea whether Enobakhare is good enough or not - he's had a few impressive flashes off the bench, but the longest he's had on the park has been 12 minutes against Motherwell, in a game that was already over. If Jones isn't available then hopefully he can step up and show what he can do.

Not sure what you mean by “if”?

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

i knew there was precedent but hadn't appreciated it was a rule.

Still seems harsh.

The reason for the two match ban for a yellow card offence, is that, if the yellow is administered, that’s the end of the story, game goes on with a free kick to the defending side. However, because he didn’t get a yellow, it means the award of a penalty and the, more than likely outcome of a goal against the team that was wronged. So by not getting a yellow, the cheating player has potentially got his team three points. 

Following internal discussion, the club can confirm we will not challenge the Notice of Complaint submitted against Jordan Jones following our victory over Dundee.

Jordan is adamant that he did not carry out an act of simulation, nor did he claim for a penalty kick or intend to deceive the referee.

However, as part of the judicial panel system, this charge has been brought after former referees considered the evidence and whilst we have every right to deny the allegation we are not inclined to on this occasion as we had no additional substantive evidence to submit for consideration.

Jordan will now be suspended for our upcoming Ladbrokes Premiership matches away to St Mirren on October 20 and at home to Hamilton on October 27.

:-(

A gutting result.

McCann said: "The defining thing for me was that he's told boys in my team he has taken a dive".

The sad thing is I don't believe McCann.
He as always is just deflecting from the shite he is putting us through.

I agree with this, I would be very surprised if JJ admitted he dived. To be fair to McCann the comment from JJ may well have been “no I didn’t get a touch” when they asked him but that’s completely different from saying he had dived.

I would hope for the sake of McCann’s integrity that this was the case (or I suppose I hope it for the sake of JJs integrity).

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

:-(

A gutting result.

McCann said: "The defining thing for me was that he's told boys in my team he has taken a dive".

The sad thing is I don't believe McCann.
He as always is just deflecting from the shite he is putting us through.

Isn’t it sad that so early in the season you’re already having to rely on extraneous matters to help your team ?

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

All the #stattos stats I've seen show that he's been impressive this season and a big part of your attacking play. Strong at cutting out players by either dribbling or passing into final third areas. 

8 minutes ago, Jambo: First Blood said:

All the #stattos stats I've seen show that he's been impressive this season and a big part of your attacking play. Strong at cutting out players by either dribbling or passing into final third areas. 

Teams also tend to double up on him now, which creates space for others. The knock-on effect is that he doesn't look as impressive (unless he's terrorising Aaron Comrie)

10 minutes ago, Jambo: First Blood said:

I think Jones is a bit underrated by our own support in terms of just how much he terrifies opposing defences. As killiefan27 says above, teams are starting to double and treble up on him to prevent him from influencing the game, but that is creating more space for the likes of Stewart, Burke, Tshibola and O'Donnell, which is why most of our attacks are coming down the right.

1 However, I think his end product has let him down a bit so far this season, particularly his decision making when he gets towards the box. He has an annoying tendency to pass when he should shoot and shoot when he should pass.

21 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Teams also tend to double up on him now, which creates space for others. The knock-on effect is that he doesn't look as impressive (unless he's terrorising Aaron Comrie)

Poor Comries looked quite decent against Celtic a few times, but has now vanished from entirely due to the hounding Jones has given him twice. He's literally ended his St Johnstone career.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Poor Comries looked quite decent against Celtic a few times, but has now vanished from entirely due to the hounding Jones has given him twice. He's literally ended his St Johnstone career.

On both occasions it's reached the point where I've genuinely started to feel sorry for the boy.

I'm sure Motherwell had a player who got hooked at half-time because Jones was ripping him so badly and was never seen again.

Jones is a frustrating player at times, and arguably doesn't do it often enough, but when he's on it he's devastating at this level