The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

When does the Scottish deadline end ? I'm surprised ive no read a story in the H*n or the daily ranger about them wanting Jones now that they have sold Windass, if a bid did ever come in id be wanting at least 1 million to and milion and a half at a push.

1 minute ago, Killie87 said:

When does the Scottish deadline end ? I'm surprised ive no read a story in the H*n or the daily ranger about them wanting Jones now that they have sold Windass, if a bid did ever come in id be wanting at least 1 million to and milion and a half at a push.

31st August is the Scottish deadline for signings.

12 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Clarke saying Erwin wants to leave for this Iranian Mob. Getting offered a substantial wage increase. If we get an Ok Fee i'm not overly fussed. 

I agree. Erwin's had some good games for us and had a wee purple patch after the winter break, but I don't think he's hit that form since coming back after the summer. We do have options in terms of strikers and if we can get a decent fee for him I won't be too disappointed if he decides to go. Certainly can't blame him for wanting to take a higher wage and if he wants to go then I say good luck to him. 

Can't blame Erwin for wanting to go - it really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to earn that kind of living. He'll be missed as he offers something up front that no one else in our squad does, but on the positive side it frees up another wage which could help recruit someone in a position we are in more need of (I'm looking at you, centre midfield). 

On 08/08/2018 at 15:30, bunglebonce said:

He's got a huge stature.  I barely saw 90 minutes of him before he realised Scott Fox was Jimmy Mac's favourite and he didn't want to kick about on the bench here, then bolted just before deadline day to go on loan elsewhere.   He wasn't tested enough in the the game and a bit that he played to pass comment, but he had huge presence in the area and comfortably collected everything that came his way.

Goalkeeper Daniel Bachmann has joined Killie on a season-long loan from Watford and the Austrian says he feels "comfortable already", having previously had an unhappy spell at Ross County in 2015.

"I signed on a six-month loan and I don't know if you have been to the Highlands, to Inverness or Dingwall - I just didn't have a great time there, I didn't enjoy myself," Bachmann explained.

"It wasn't just the football side, it was the whole situation, so we just cancelled it. I think it is nice for maybe a weekend or three days.

"I can't really explain why. I was there on my own and it wasn't good for my head. I didn't feel comfortable at all.

"This is completely different, three or four hours south of where I was and near to Glasgow."

Kilmarnock Football Club can confirm that Lee Erwin has left the club to explore an opportunity with Tractor Sazi in Iran.

The 24-year-old scored eight goals in 45 appearances after joining from Leeds United last summer.

Lee was part of the Killie squad which achieved our highest-ever league points record, scoring the winner in a 1-0 win over Hearts as we reached 59 points.

Everyone at Kilmarnock FC would like to thank Lee for his services to the club and we wish him all the very best for the future.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:21, Coooombe said:

Can't blame Erwin for wanting to go - it really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to earn that kind of living. He'll be missed as he offers something up front that no one else in our squad does, but on the positive side it frees up another wage which could help recruit someone in a position we are in more need of (I'm looking at you, centre midfield). 

^^^^^ this, use the wage  money to get a decent CM in, we badly needed someone to take control against livi last weekend (pitch was s***e which didn't help), be it Mulumbu or someone else, think Anichebe if he is coming in could be a decent bit of business, i know his goal scoring record ain't the best but id imagine he would be a hand full for defenders, hes a big unit.

Looking forward to seeing who SSC brings into the juggernaut in the next coming few weeks.

2 hours ago, Fide said:

A trivial point, but does anyone know why the club's twitter handle changed from @officialkillie to @KilmarnockFC?

It's a bit more professional. It also probably shows up higher if someone was to search 'Kilmarnock'. 

According to the Sun (so probably untrue)  Coulibaly is training with Partick Thistle. If true, I would obviously be gutted to maybe seeing him playing with another team in Scotland.