The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Erwin has been an important part of the team, his first touch and ability to create something from nothing are rare qualities in our league and he just continues to get better under Saint Steve. Would be gutted to lose him but if the figures being quoted are true can't blame him for going. 

In summary.........£3m or GTF.

3 hours ago, killiekranky said:

Erwin has been an important part of the team, his first touch and ability to create something from nothing are rare qualities in our league and he just continues to get better under Saint Steve. Would be gutted to lose him but if the figures being quoted are true can't blame him for going. 

In summary.........£3m or GTF.

Erwin is not a play maker.

He is also not a goalscorer. 

Between himself, Boyd, Ndjoli and Brophy, he is the most expendable.

Wouldn’t like to see Erwin go. Think he has improved greatly since SSC took over. Ever since the midweek game against Dundee last year. Came on and won us that game imo. I really rate him. Great touch, holds ball up well and can find the right pass. Yes he needs more goals but he also needs more service. Last season against Celtic he could of scored twice when we 1-0 up if the ball was passed to him. I rate him highly and would prefer if he stayed.

7 hours ago, dumpweed said:

Agreed.

He may have finished last season strongly, but overall he hasn't produced regularly good displays.  He also doesn't strike me as too much of a team player.

If we can cash in on him and use the money to sign a quality replacement, I wouldn't lose too much sleep.

I hope the board take a stance on this.  I'm more encouraged by the people running Kilmarnock than I have been for a very long time, so hopefully they won't let players like JJ and SOD go to the first and earliest bidder. 

£2m each or f**k off.

I'll say this now.

If we wind up losing Jones and O'Donnell this afternoon I'm going to have the most overblown heads gone of my recent years.  Things are looking so promising at RP right now, and those two players - despite the recent sour grapes chat about JJ on kickback - are totally crucial to our chances of success this season.

373 minutes to go...

7 minutes ago, Fide said:

Swansea looking at JJ apparently.

How would you feel about that?

I'm torn. If you'd asked me at half time on Saturday, I would've offered to give him a cokey-back all the way to Wales, but at full time, I'd have said "£3m or #GTF"

Edited by Captain Material

1 minute ago, Captain Material said:

I'm torn. If you'd asked me at half time on Saturday, I would've offered to give him a cokey-back all the way to Wales, but at full time, I'd have said "£3m or #GTF"

Don't be so fickle.  We wouldn't be as good without him, it's really as straightforward as that.

1 minute ago, Captain Material said:

I'd be gutted if he goes.  I personally hope he stays till at least Christmas and gets the head down.

Plus, he'd lose his bromance with Frizz and Taylor.

18 hours ago, dumpweed said:

4 completely different players, it would be great to hold on to all of them as it gives the team a multitude of options up front. Brophys energy and strength, Ndjolis speed, Erwins touch and awareness and Boydys everything..............great forward squad to mix, match and keep the opposition on their toes.