The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

The word on Kickback is we have Gustav Poyet's son, Diego, training with us this week. He's a 23yr old midfielder, previously with Charlton & West Ham, well known to Alex Dyer & currently playing for Pafos FC in Cyprus......

Edited by C4mmy31

On 15/07/2018 at 11:12, NorthBank said:

Of the squad that skooshed the Championship 16 have left and 4 more told to go as they will not get a game. We have only recruited 7 new players so far so were down to the bare bones on Friday night.

Only 4 of the Championship winning team played on Friday. We had 4 fringe players from last season playing,  2 guys from English U23 teams and a new signing from a team that got relegated to the Championship. A make-shift team that were better than your established squad. Our team that starts the season will be pretty different from Friday night's. I was pretty surprised how poor Killie were as I thought they would maul us but saw nothing to worry us for the season ahead.  Killie's bubble has burst methinks.

Hehe 

MIKAEL NDJOLI has signalled his Kilmarnock arrival with an impressive three goals in just three games – and the striker is already convinced he will leave the club an even better player.

The 19-year-old joined the Rugby Park outfit on loan from English Premier League team Bournemouth earlier this month and has hit the ground running north of the border.

The former Millwall youngster bagged his first Killie goal against Dumbarton in his first top-steam start at the weekend and followed that up with a double against The Spartans on Tuesday night. 

His first came with his first touch just a minute after coming on and he then combined brilliantly with Kris Boyd to complete the Ayrshire side’s 3-0 win. And, having agreed an initial deal until January, Ndjoli is determined to make the most of his loan with Steve Clarke’s men.

He said: “I was buzzing to score another two goals but I was even happier the boys did well and we won the game. “Someone was saying it was my first touch but I was just focused on getting on the end of the cross and it went in. “The boys have helped me settle in very quickly and very well. The gaffer has given me the freedom to do what I want in possession, and the goals help. I’m learning from Kris Boyd every day in training.

“Every training session so far he has pulled me aside and has told me what he thinks I can do in and around the box. “He’s told me ‘touch and finish’. Sometimes I take an extra touch in training but every day I’m learning from him.

“The manager has worked with a bunch of young players and helped them kick on in their career. “He has tons of experience, has been at top clubs and managed in the Premier League, and I felt I needed the kind of set-up which Steve Clarke has and which Kilmarnock has.”

10 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

How has Ndjoli looked so far? I've only seen the highlights but he's looked more of a poacher than I initially thought he'd be. Is this accurate or is this skewed by the highlights? 

Very difficult to say tbh.  He's certainly quick and physically impressive for someone so young - and against St Mirren I felt he lifted us a bit when he came on.

I am, however, trying not to get too carried away by constantly reminding myself that Simon Murray looked like Luis Suarez in this stage of the LC last year...

2 hours ago, Coooombe said:

How has Ndjoli looked so far? I've only seen the highlights but he's looked more of a poacher than I initially thought he'd be. Is this accurate or is this skewed by the highlights? 

Hard to judge at present given the opposition for his 3 goals..... he seems to be one of those players who has an instinct to be in the right place when the ball comes into the box, he drifts in late giving defenders no time to pick him up. 

As Estragon says he's certainly well developed for a lad of his age with bags of pace.

I've been chatting with the guy from Red n Black TV on Twitter, he's very highly rated by the coaching staff at Bournemouth......

Edited by C4mmy31

Our home clash against Celtic at Rugby Park has been moved to Sunday, September 23 after being selected for live TV broadcast.

The match, which was originally scheduled for September 22, will kick off at 12.30pm live on Sky Sports

37 minutes ago, Fide said:

When the ruddly flip are we going to announce a signing or two?

Not of Lee Clark levels, but a couple of new names would be nice.

It would be great if something happened between now and Sunday, possibly it might help.......

1) generate extra season ticket sales at both Saturday's match & Sunday's open day.

2) encourage more people to come along over the weekend

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, bobthespider said:

Hi QP fan driving to game on Saturday. Is there parking at the ground for away supporters . Thanks

The surrounding streets will have plenty of parking.  All within a few minutes walk.

22 hours ago, bobthespider said:

Hi QP fan driving to game on Saturday. Is there parking at the ground for away supporters . Thanks

Not at the ground, but you can maybe find a space in the surrounding streets. Your best bet is the old Safeway car park which is across from the big Tesco car park. 5 minutes walk to the ground from there. If you fancy a pint before the game you've got the Brass and Granite on Grange Street or the Sports Bar and the Hotel at the ground. Also if you're after using the cash machines there's one at the Tesco.

Any source Kilmarnock announce of new signings to new trio player join us?
who new trio signings
No idea, but for the first time in years I don't think we need many signings. If we replace Mulumbu and do no other business I'll be happy