The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

20 hours ago, Killie Zenit said:

:lol:

Expert analysis.

It's pretty much what the verdict on Saturday's Radio Scotland output* was - hilarious how desperate the MSM are for the derailing of the juggernaut.

*Cosgrove and pre-match i.e. before Willie Miller genuinely and audibly lost count of the score in a penalty shootout while he was commentating on it.   "Ehhh.  I think that's it Richard.......(silence)...Arbroath?"..."

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So how much of a loss would Mulumbu be?

Massive tbh, then again it depends on who SC brings in to replace him.

Given Clarkes comments, I wouldn't expect much activity till the English window closes on the 9th August, he reckons a few gems will be available between then and our window closing.

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

Thought he looked good.

I was impressed with the youngsters who played for most of the 2nd half.  Good movement and lots of pace in them. 

Thomas got stronger the longer the game went on too. 

Agreed, he was very vocal & seems like he knows how to defend, very assured & composed for a youngster.

I disagree Mulumbu would be a "massive" miss. He probably started something like half of the games we played since he arrived. When he was good, he was great, but there were games he didn't stand out as much as I thought he should. 

On his first few appearances, when his class was very obvious, folk mentioned him in the same breath as Eremenko. For me, he was nowhere near as good or as consistent as Losa was for us. 

I'd love if we signed him again for next season, but I don't think he's a "massive" miss. He'll need replaced, certainly. 

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

I disagree Mulumbu would be a "massive" miss. He probably started something like half of the games we played since he arrived. When he was good, he was great, but there were games he didn't stand out as much as I thought he should. 

On his first few appearances, when his class was very obvious, folk mentioned him in the same breath as Eremenko. For me, he was nowhere near as good or as consistent as Losa was for us. 

I'd love if we signed him again for next season, but I don't think he's a "massive" miss. He'll need replaced, certainly. 

Whilst I agree with your comments about the amount of games he started being quite low I have to disagree about the Losa comment, I think Mulumbu was as consistent but of course is a different type of player.

One of the big positives with SSC is that you feel he makes plans for every eventuality and has the team set up in such a way that one player leaving/missing wouldn't destroy us.  I am still quietly confident that Mulumbu will be back, until he signs for another team I will fancy our chances even if the manager has said its not likely.

There is a wee bit of panic setting in over on kickback which baffles me.  Clarke made it very clear that he wouldn't blow our budget early and I still don't expect anything until the last week of August..........unless that player is Mulumbu and he decides to spunk the whole budget on him.

7 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Whilst I agree with your comments about the amount of games he started being quite low I have to disagree about the Losa comment, I think Mulumbu was as consistent but of course is a different type of player.

Would agree with that.

Mulumbu turned up in big games more than Eremenko did too, although Aberdeen in cup he was poor but he was struggling with an injury. Whilst Eremenko was great against the dross, I can't remember him having many stand out performanes against the old firm except the game he got kicked off the park in the Scottish at Ibrox.

Both great players in different ways but I thought Mulumbu was far more consistent in games.

Mulumbu was probably the best midfielder we have had in my time watching Killie - struggling to decide between him and Durrant.  Any team will struggle to replace someone of that quality, but it is worth noting that we had some really good results and performances last season without him.  We do need to find another player in midfield who can perform a similar role, because Dicker and Power are really good but aren't the best at linking from midfield to attack.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Mulumbu was probably the best midfielder we have had in my time watching Killie - struggling to decide between him and Durrant.  Any team will struggle to replace someone of that quality, but it is worth noting that we had some really good results and performances last season without him.  We do need to find another player in midfield who can perform a similar role, because Dicker and Power are really good but aren't the best at linking from midfield to attack.

I'd probably agree with that, with Burns added.