The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

This guy has came to the right club if he wants to get his career going in the right direction. If he works hard and scores goals it’ll only help his return down south. Steve Clarke is the type of manager that can attract “special” players to Killie. He can give them the game time that can put these guys into the next level. Players like Harry Kane just didn’t appear in Tottenham’s first team overnight, they’re developed from teams like Killie. Hopefully this boy will be the next one.

No domestic cup forum as yet with our game just a couple of days away. What will Saints bring to the game ? We have a new manager who has signed and loaned  quite a lot of players from down south. We have yet to play a warm up match so no idea what we will bring to the game against one of the form teams of last season Killie. Have a feeling we will have pace up front Cammy Smith and a couple of young guys we have yet to see. So early during a rebuilding campaign can only see a win for Killie but live and hope I'm wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

No domestic cup forum as yet with our game just a couple of days away. What will Saints bring to the game ? We have a new manager who has signed and loaned  quite a lot of players from down south. We have yet to play a warm up match so no idea what we will bring to the game against one of the form teams of last season Killie. Have a feeling we will have pace up front Cammy Smith and a couple of young guys we have yet to see. So early during a rebuilding campaign can only see a win for Killie but live and hope I'm wrong. 

Tough game to predict tbh.  We certainly have a much more settled squad than in recent years, hopefully that will give us the edge.  I'm looking forward to it nonetheless, it'll be great to get the football back.

It'd be far better to have this game as the 4th fixture in the group - give both teams a chance to get up to speed, and look to win the group with a win.  As it is, I think it'll be scrappy for an hour and then slow down.

Start the season optimistically, 1-0 Killie. Boyd (p) 55.

Prolific Irish goal machine Willo Flood strongly rumoured to have joined the Buddies on a 2 day deal. The Elven like Striker who has previously starred for Man City, Cardiff City, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen , Celtic and had a long weekend in Dunfermline is said to be "Over the moon".

WillotheWot.png

On 7/11/2018 at 14:42, Estragon said:

Tough game to predict tbh.  We certainly have a much more settled squad than in recent years, hopefully that will give us the edge.  I'm looking forward to it nonetheless, it'll be great to get the football back.

It'd be far better to have this game as the 4th fixture in the group - give both teams a chance to get up to speed, and look to win the group with a win.  As it is, I think it'll be scrappy for an hour and then slow down.

Start the season optimistically, 1-0 Killie. Boyd (p) 55.

Boyd not fit to play this match due to a knock according to today's BBC article.

5 minutes ago, the west curve said:

I am hearing from a mate in Killie that season ticket sales have crashed through the 4000 barrier. Can anyone confirm?

They were at 3900 before last weekend so 4000 is probably correct by now......

34 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Boyd not fit to play this match due to a knock according to today's BBC article.

Steve Clarke revealed that last season's top scorer Kris Boyd is not ready to start as he recovers from a slight knock, while senior call-up Stephen O'Donnell and under-21s Greg Taylor and Iain Wilson are not involved after their summer involvement with Scotland.......

That is a genuinely bizarre signing for a top 6 Premiership team.

If Steve Clarke can turn him into competent top 6 player then he really is the genius he’s made out to be. Good luck to Ross though.